Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

38 minutes ago, Switzerlineker said:

Juventus and Real Madrid agree a deal worth in the region of £105m for Cristiano Ronaldo. 

Insane.

Real Madrid making a £25m profit on a 33 year-old who has averaged more than a goal a game over 9 years. Fantastic business for them.

I wonder if Gareth Bale will get a chance to step up a bit more now? Provided he stays away from the physio room. 

1 hour ago, Switzerlineker said:

Newcastle United have rejected a bid of £20m, rising to £25m, from West Ham for their captain Jamaal Lascelles.

lol

That's not even half what he is worth to us.

It's definitely a profit in real-life market terms. Football transfer market though, not so much.

Cracking deal for both parties though I think. You have to move on at some point and getting that amount of money is too tempting. 

Juventus get more than a world class player too, Ronaldo is a money making machine.

Ronaldo going to Serie A seems well surreal to me. Like, you kind of imagine there would only be three teams he'd play for, either finish at Madrid, go back to Man Utd, or some more PSG nonsense. Juventus just barging in going nah we'll have him, cheers lads seems really left field.

I'm pretty sure that going back to scum was nothing more than a fan's wet dream. It doesn't strike me as the kinda marquee signing the board would make, in recent times it's been a young star (Martial, Pogba, Lukaku), relations between the two clubs are probably still sour after the De Gea debacle, he wouldn't fit their style of play and he reportedly didn't get on with Mourinho too well in his prime.

Yeah, it just didn't seem like Juventus would have been one of the club capable for some reason. Like, there seems to be so much wrapped up in these players that makes transfers for players like him, Neymar and Messi so difficult to pull off you kind of expect only the super elite like Madrid or oil-rich clubs are capable of getting them done.

£60mil for Mahrez to be a rotation player at City is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the top Premier League clubs and money.

Fucking hell. £17mil Owen is still our record transfer from 2005 ffs!

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

€94 million (his transfer in 2009) is worth €109 million in 2018 money

Hope that helps ;) 

Interestingly if it were £80mil today, with post Brexit exchange rates would only be worth €90mil!

2 hours ago, TCO said:

£60mil for Mahrez to be a rotation player at City is a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the top Premier League clubs and money.

Fucking hell. £17mil Owen is still our record transfer from 2005 ffs!

To be fair, that's because Mike Ashley has chronically underfunded your club for his entire tenure.