Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

33 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Looks that way. 

And we'll still manage to finish above you! 😘

Least I'll be watching more entertaining football during the season :shifty: 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MDK said:

I had no idea there were so many Orient matches on TV.

They're always on the TV this season so far Orient...

• Admin

Everton have fought off competition from Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and West Ham to secure the signing of Brazilian winger Bernard, Sky Sports News understands. The Shaktar Donetsk playmaker was out of contract and Everton have swooped to land the 25-year-old on a free transfer. He is expected to have a medical at Everton in the next 24 hours.

So Bernard chooses Everton over Chelsea and Atleti and apparently Mina is choosing them over Man Utd.

They must be offering astronomical wages.

Thibaut Courtois was meant to be in attendance at the Community Shield yesterday, and was meant to report to training today.

He has done neither of these things. 

So, three days before the end of the English transfer window, after saying all summer that he wanted to wait before talking contract extensions, when he could have just said in May "hey Chelsea, I really want to be back in Madrid so I won't be extending", he's effectively gone AWOL.

What a Sol Campbell.

Either way, looks like Chelsea are scrambling (understandably). Noises suggest either Butland (blah), or paying All The Money for someone like Oblak (extremely unlikely) or Kepa.

I will admit, I had not heard of Kepa. Didn't he use to play for the Besaid Aurochs?

• Like 1

Nah, he's on of those Basque players with an unpronouncable surname with fourteen x's and z's in it.

• Admin

One I don't think got mentioned - Leicester City have announced the signing of the Algerian winger Rachid Ghezzal from Monaco for an undisclosed fee. Ghezzal has signed a four-year contract after a fee reportedly in the region of £12m was agreed and he is likely to fill the first-team place vacated by his compatriot Riyad Mahrez.

Also Calum Chambers is off to Fulham on loan.