Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Disappointed it's not the stock photo of Pochettino shaking a players hand when all the photos were "definitely" not taken on the same day

• Like 1

I read an article about how German teams are looking at the English academies as they believe there are a lot of talented players that they'll be able to promise more game time to. Makes sense as if you're in an academy for a top 6 team not many players are gonna make it into the squad. 

Gladbach were thinking about getting Brewster  which would be a bit of a blow as he's rated quite highly within the club. 

The 2000 generation of English players is looking pretty immense. Sancho, Foden, Brewster, Hudson-Odoi, Gibbs-White etc.

In terms of youth development now, England is right up there which is why we've been so successful lately at the youth World Cups, still the problem is that 19-21 leap from youth football into the top level of the game. Hopefully, if a lot of our players move abroad where the attitude is a bit more progressive, they'll get the game time, experience and especially a bit of tactical nous that English players still lack.

• Like 2

On 18/05/2018 at 14:40, The Gazz said:

The 2000 generation of English players is looking pretty immense. Sancho, Foden, Brewster, Hudson-Odoi, Gibbs-White etc.

In terms of youth development now, England is right up there which is why we've been so successful lately at the youth World Cups, still the problem is that 19-21 leap from youth football into the top level of the game. Hopefully, if a lot of our players move abroad where the attitude is a bit more progressive, they'll get the game time, experience and especially a bit of tactical nous that English players still lack.

I've heard from a few podcasts and interviews that the German scouts etc think that this current crop of British youngsters are some of the best in Europe. If the kids are going abroad and are actually playing in the top flight then this is a great thing. Lookman, Sancho and another one that my mind forgets are doing quite well in the Bundasliga at the moment.

So there's a photo which someone took of Alvaro Morata, his agent, and Juventus' sporting director having a chat in Milan earlier today. But don't read too much into that because the meeting was all a JOLLY BIG COINCIDENCE.

You see, Morata and his agent were out shopping together in Milan (as you do), and they happened to bump into Juve's sporting director, who was also shopping in Milan (as opposed to Turin), and the fact that he's publicly stated how much Juve would like to sign Morata several times in recent weeks is neither here nor there, because representing a club's interest in a player is hardly relevant when you happen to be in the same place at the same time as said player and said player's professional representative in entirely unplanned circumstances.

COINCIDENCE.

43 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

How are Milan going to be able to sign anyone this summer? I thought they're about to be fucked financially with their loan situation

If you're commenting on my post above, it's about Juve... They just happened to be in Milan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stokerino said:

If you're commenting on my post above, it's about Juve... They just happened to be in Milan.

Ah, thanks. Briefly saw your post at work, but remember reading something earlier about Milan wanting Morata. Cheers

33 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Won't claim to have seen him play, but if it's true that City were in for him as a long term replacement for Fernandinho, I'm all for it. We need a player like him to go alongside Matic and to free up Pogba to make a difference further forward.

15 hours ago, stokerino said:

So there's a photo which someone took of Alvaro Morata, his agent, and Juventus' sporting director having a chat in Milan earlier today. But don't read too much into that because the meeting was all a JOLLY BIG COINCIDENCE.

You see, Morata and his agent were out shopping together in Milan (as you do), and they happened to bump into Juve's sporting director, who was also shopping in Milan (as opposed to Turin), and the fact that he's publicly stated how much Juve would like to sign Morata several times in recent weeks is neither here nor there, because representing a club's interest in a player is hardly relevant when you happen to be in the same place at the same time as said player and said player's professional representative in entirely unplanned circumstances.

COINCIDENCE.

I say good riddance if we can get his £60m pricetag back. At the start of last season I was optimistic about Morata, although I'd have much preferred Aubameyang, because a replacement for Diego Costa was clearly needed. As it stands a new, consistent goalscoring striker is still needed a season later because he doesn't seem to be the answer, Batshuayi probably isn't either (if he doesn't leave for Dortmund permanently), and Giroud seems more apt as cover than as a starter. Then again, Giroud's also the only one of the three definitely going to Russia.

• Like 1