Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

14 hours ago, TCO said:

100% he wants the move. He already inexplicably speaks near fluent Spanish too. He doesn't learn that unless he wants to play in Spain at some point.

Since he is French and lived a long time in Italy, it's not that surprising he can speak good Spanish.

I mean he is fluent In French, so I reckon he is moving to Lyon.

Everton fans on Bolasie:

"Scenes if we get 15 million for Bolasie."
"TBH, hoping Boro lash in a double deal, Besic and Bolasie for like £20m... hahaha."
"This is fast turning in to the greatest day of my life."
"They missed a decimal point between the 1 and the 5 there."
"would accept 2 packs of burgers from Iceland and give them to him as a leaving prezzie"
"If boro offer actual cash money, as well as getting his wages off the books we should snap their hands off"
"If they’re willing to give us £15m then they can have Besic as well"
"Replacement for Traore? Can't we pay them to take him???"
"shhhhhhh just let them give us monies"
"£15m? £15m?!??!?"
"Like for like until they realise that Bolasie is broken - it's amazing that a player ""who's last good game was about 2 years ago can be sold for 15 million pounds"
"Boro fans seem to be happy at this link, little do they know poor sods"
"Surely Boro are not stupid enough to offer double digit millions for Bolasie."
"15M? XXXXXX ell. Brands can turn water into wine."
"Suddenly I love Pulis"
"what a summer if we can get rid of this fraud"
"He had one half-decent game at Burnley and that was quite literally it. Every other game he gave the ball away constantly, ran down blind alleys and did his trademark hit and hope thumped crosses into the box that more often than not just flew out for a throw in on the other side.

One of the worst players I've ever seen in an Everton shirt and somehow the FIFA generation are still blinded by the fact he can run in a straight line fast and do Phil Neville standard stepovers."

Everton's online fanbase is well established to be absolutely full of complete idiotic cretins. So if you got that off one of the established EFC forums or, heaven forbid, the cesspool of Twitter, then I wouldn't put much stock in it.

End of the day Boro are a Championship club and Bolasie is a Premier league calibre player. He would do very well in that league. And most Everton fans wrongly treat everything as if the club should be competing for the title every year so of course anyone not amazing is deemed a useless waste of space.

I can't stress enough how stupid Everton's fanbase is.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I wouldn't mind Bolasie if it was like £5m, or even a loan or something. But £15m for a 29 year old who's been shit for about years and seems to have been regularly injured? Less so.

Is Besic in the first team plans at Everton this year? Genuinely not sure why we seem to have made no interest in either signing him or loaning him again, he was really good for us last season.

Yeah, but I didn't say he is shit, I said he's been shit for the last few years. Plus, my whole point there was that I don't want us to spend £15m on him. We're not exactly a team that has money to burn, and spending £15m on a 29 year old that's been largely in poor form and injured is such a typical us signing. I'd rather we made a few signings in key areas than blow £15m on someone that's guaranteed to not work out, cause it's us and most of our signings never work out.

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

Yeah, but I didn't say he is shit, I said he's been shit for the last few years. Plus, my whole point there was that I don't want us to spend £15m on him. We're not exactly a team that has money to burn, and spending £15m on a 29 year old that's been largely in poor form and injured is such a typical us signing. I'd rather we made a few signings in key areas than blow £15m on someone that's guaranteed to not work out, cause it's us and most of our signings never work out.

Yes but he hasn't though. He spent a year injured but that was with one bad injury, and aside from that I think he's been decent. He's a good player.

I don't think any Championship club should even be able to pay £15m for a player but that's the market nowadays. He'd be a good signing for you without getting into the price, I honestly think Bolasie would have a field day with a lot of Championship full backs.

He's an Everton level player. 

Which isn't an insult but he's not getting into the starting XI for a top 6 team but is better than a lot of other players in the league at his position. Basically he's decent. 

• Like 1

I just think that £15m is a lot, and we have positions where we're much worse off. We're not exactly blessed with great wide players, especially now Traore's off, but it seems Pulis is giving players like Chapman, Tavernier and Wing a go in the first team.

Where we should be focusing first and foremost is at the back, and £15m could get us a few players in problem positions, because currently this is our defence.

Right back: Ryan Shotton
Centre backs: Aden Flint, Dael Fry, Daniel Ayala who's more injured than not, and Nathan Wood who is 16.
Left back: George Friend

Which is... yeah, fucking shit, to be honest.

• Like 1

Priorities then is your argument which looking at that then yeh I would be miffed if my team splurged cash on areas that didn't necessary need improving compared to areas that needed drastically improving or more depth added to that area.