Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

On the upside, good, young goalkeeper so you're gonna be pretty set for a while now. Hard to see who would come in to try and take him, Madrid have been after a keeper for what feels like about five years now and now they're getting a top one, Barca pretty set with Ter Stegen, Atletico with Oblak, United with De Gea, City with Ederson. Only really PSG I can think of somewhere down the line.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

How much are you guys expecting to get for Courtois though? Surely it'll be £60m+?

lol no. Everyone pretty much agrees it'll be 40m euros (£35m).

Basically we've been utterly fucked over by this. I mean, I *GUESS* there's the logic that if we instead dump ~£30m on someone like Butland, realise he's not good enough and then have to pay the same again for someone else next year, then that's just as much spent as Kepa's release fee, but...

Fucking Tibo. <_<

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Hmmm, Courtois for £35m is a steal.

It is. But he is absolutely willing to walk out for free next summer and we're going to need to recoup SOME of whatever-cash we spend panic-buying his replacement over the next two days, so they kind of have us over a barrel.

30 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Courtois' professionalism attribute has taken a hit this summer.

He did a similar thing when he went to Chelsea though. There's previous

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Just to be clear, I wouldn't mind Bolasie if it was like £5m, or even a loan or something. But £15m for a 29 year old who's been shit for about years and seems to have been regularly injured? Less so.

Is Besic in the first team plans at Everton this year? Genuinely not sure why we seem to have made no interest in either signing him or loaning him again, he was really good for us last season.

But 5 star skillz!!!!11!!!!

That's a terrible application of the meme. It's how come he don't want me man and it should be anybody but Arsenal comforting him.

That aside, Arsenal don't want him because he's shite and if he weren't English he'd still be at Southampton or in the Championship.

• Like 1

I really rate Chambers as a centre-half. 

He went on loan to Middlesbrough the other year and played really well, and was part of a solid defence. 

He seems to get criticised based on his few performances at right-back, because he’s not a right-back and played shit at right-back.

I would much rather we started with him and Sokratis in the middle of the defence than Mustafi. Count me as perplexed by this deal, even moreso when you include the fact he only signed a new four-year contract last month.

Hopefully he does well at Fulham though. With him, Ream and Mawson they have a steady back line.