Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Announced on the club website 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/303592-liverpool-fc-agree-deal-fabinho

Pretty great signing that which seems to have literally come out of nowhere! Him and Keita both coming in substantially improves our midfield for next season. 

• Like 1

I saw the rumour for the first time about 2 hours ago. Definitely moved quickly.

Him and Keita certainly make their midfield look a fair bit stronger. Presumably a goalkeeper is next if every pundit's opinion is to be believed but other than probably a new centre back I don't really know what they need now. Looking a very good squad.

I saw Fekhir had said there was no deal and they were not close to one either at the moment

36 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

They're on the way to having a proper good side. If they get Fekir as well... 

Keita   Fabinho

Salah   Fekir   Mane

Firmino 

untitled-3png.png

Dunno why you have Keita in there over Henderson.

A top class centre back, goalkeeper and another very strong forward to back up losing 2 of the forwards to the African Cup (or for Sturridge to return to 4 years ago form) and Liverpool go from being 8 great players on the pitch and that's it to really f'in strong.

The Ox could have a massive year with some of these solid lads around him.

7 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Because he's a better player and I was putting the best players in there. And they're not paying £62m for someone who isn't going to just walk straight in to the starting lineup.

Henderson is club captain, so I’d expect him in there 

Well I can't imagine they've just spent £100m on two players only for one of them to sit on the bench, so I'd assume it would have to be a case that they don't actually make much of an effort for Fekir and then you can have the midfield three of Keita, Fabinho and Henderson.

49 minutes ago, MadJack said:

The African Cup of Nations happens during the summer now.

Well ignore me then!

41 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Well I can't imagine they've just spent £100m on two players only for one of them to sit on the bench, so I'd assume it would have to be a case that they don't actually make much of an effort for Fekir and then you can have the midfield three of Keita, Fabinho and Henderson.

They spent £35mil on The Ox too

Liverpool still desperately need a goalkeeper and another quality winger before they can really compete in the league. Another Bobby style forward would be of benefit too. I honestly think another winger is still our most pressing need, even after that Karius horror show Saturday. There's no depth there at all.

I don't think Liverpool are desperately in need of a goalkeeper. The final aside, Karius has had a fairly good season and should only get better - if Liverpool as a club and a fanbase give him a chance. He won't get it though, and you'll probably go and spend £40 million on someone and repeat the cycle just intensified by the transfer fee.

We need another goalkeeper if Mignolet leaves and I always think you need to at least try to improve on the position if you can. Karius needs someone who can competently share the burden with. But, I'm equally OK with him staying. Mignolet has flaws that legitimately cost games, buy Karius had a crisis of confidence at the start and then horrible luck in the final. I'm far more confident with Karius than Mignolet, personally. But if they can sign a top level keeper (Oblak, Lloris, etc) then I would be all for it.

Other than that, I would like to see us get just more strength in depth. We need more options than we have right now in all areas really. Fabinho goes a great way to helping to strengthen us. Very pleased.