Fallout 76

Slogger

Yep so this is happening, Still next to no details other than the teaser trailer but with E3 on the doorstep I imagine the hype train will be at full speed sooner rather than later. 

GUYS MORE FALLOUT!!! 

My guess is it's going to be some sort of base-building deal, not a battle royale game or anything like that. I wasn't particularly expecting a mainline RPG one for at least another year, but I'm also nonplussed and will remain so until E3.

If it’s base building I’m all in. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and 4 but couldn’t really get into it enough to care to finish it. They need a new engine as I really don’t like it

I think it's decidedly better. The appeal of Fallout to me has always been story and atmosphere, so I'm probably more inclined to a game with some of that than a game with absolutely none of that. I've been playing a bit of State of Decay 2 here and there and liking it alright, so a game like that with less bugs and a world I actually like could maybe hook me for a little bit. I've moved up from "nonplussed" to "a little interested."

It seems that this game is in development in Bethesda's Maryland and Austin studios, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Austin team were doing most of the work. I doubt that this game will slow down the progress of a potential Elder Scrolls 6.

1 hour ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

100% better than another fucking battle royale game.

176% agreed. 

I'm not overly keen on settlement building but if it's that compared to a shitty cash in on the Battle Royal fad*

*Just to be clear id still buy the hypothetical Fallout: Battle Royal because it's Fallout and I have zero self control

Edited by Slogger

That was probably expected when it was announced as being based in Vault 76. It's one of the control ones and one of the more uneventful ones in the games lore. No fucked up experiments or anything of note in the history so far!

Happy its not battle royale but I'm still gonna stay away. I don't have much time for gaming anymore and when I do play, I want to be immersed. I don't want to be dealing with waiting to join a server and dealing with randomer's bullshit.

I'll wait until Fallout 5 or hopefully a New Vegas style 4.5!