Fallout 76

Slogger

Saw a post on Reddit that gave me back some hope:

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources.

14 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't know. I really hated Elder Scrolls Online so I don't know if this will be better.

I never tried it. Was it vastly different from Skyrim and the like (besides the obvious multiplayer stuff)?

4 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I never tried it. Was it vastly different from Skyrim and the like (besides the obvious multiplayer stuff)?

Playing it wasn't a lot different it just didn't really have much of a story it was a lot of fetch quests which I know is normal for that stuff but no less annoying. The worst thing for me though is the other players. Like I know it's a game but I try to immerse myself in what's going on which is hard when you have Thunderballs69 jumping by and doing stupid emotes

Hey, I was casting shock magic as my main attack, don't judge me.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Aaaaand my interest is gone.

• Like 2

From what I've seen people say, they are thinking more Arc Survival or Rust or something like that

I'd be fine with a Fallout with more emphasis on base building... if it weren't an online game.

Let me make my giant Mega Man statues and glorified museums to my own bloody glory with peace only occasionally broken by super mutants who get dunked on by my turrets.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Would super mutants even be around at this point? I think it's too early, no?

Okay raiders then point is they'd get turned to pink mist so I don't have to stop making my serial killer esque trophy room with mannequins wearing the clothes of enemies I decapitated with a punch somehow.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Well FEV experimentation is pre-war.

10 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't know. I really hated Elder Scrolls Online so I don't know if this will be better.

10 hours ago, Ruki said:

Present day ESO is massively different to release day ESO.

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Date in the trailer is October 2102, The Master started experimenting to create Super Mutants in 2102.

11 minutes ago, The Gazz said:

Date in the trailer is October 2102, The Master started experimenting to create Super Mutants in 2102.

Right but FEV Experimentation predates the Master. They began at WestTek and then moved to Mariposa. Grey was knocked into the Mariposa vats.

• 2 weeks later...

"Gameplay" trailer

air-quotes.gif