Fallout 76

Slogger

...I mean, it's not like I haven't paid a woman to put on a Vault Suit and play with me before.

• Haha 1

This is the only guy I want to do multiplayer with

Multiplayer games are lower effort, laggy, hollow and riddled with micro transactions. They're also reliant on having decent fellow players on at the exact same time as you and a stable internet connection at all times. 

Of all the enjoyable gaming experiences I have had,  having some bellend screaming down a mic while playing another shitty COD map or Rockstar's money printing machine masquerading as gameplay. have accounted for 0. Online used to work for sports games but they've been ruined by this obsession with worthless virtual trading cards that people are spending real money on.

This whole Fortnite wankery could easily ruin single player games for good. COD basically just gave up on any story and are charging €70 for a battle royale shooter with micro transactions. It's getting as bad as mobile "games". Gaming has become a race to the bottom in an effort to monetise every aspect while making as little actual game as possible and people are lapping it all up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• No offline
  • Playing 'Solo' will still have you seeing other players
  • No NPCs, excluding robots
  • Vats will take place in real time
  • PvP is still being tweaked to avoid greifing
  • Modding will be present in 76 but not at launch
  • Private servers will happen
  • Starfield in Production (Playable State) & TES VI is in Pre-Production

The no NPCs is concerning. I pre-ordered it because it was $30 cheaper on Walmart....but......ugh....

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

nope-nope-nope-nope-30862114.png

Yeah, I had a fun roller coaster ride of "I don't think it's for me but I'll wait and see" prior to E3 to "oh shit this looks really pretty I wanna play it" after the Xbox conference to "oh jeez maybe not, I'd need to know more about the hypothetical solo content that Todd mentioned but then completely dropped" after the Bethesda content to "yeah no not for more than $10 to $15, if that" today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I hate to break it to you but based on seeing this guy's diet for the one night it looks like that happened in I'd have to say yeah he dead

Actually, it's Mike Butters, best known for playing Paul in the Saw movies. He also did an episode of Z Nation.

There's a 40 minute documentary about the development on the game.

• Ghouls known as the “Scorched” are “raiders”
  • Way more creatures and insects than previous fallout games. More radiation so crazier mutant creatures
  • Map has multiple biomes inspired by real life locations
  • Crafting is very important and and resources can be acquired from ore, plants, and creatures/ghouls, etc
  • New feature called “mutation”. More rads can give you positive and negative traits, can be cured
  • Items degrade (can be repaired) and food can rot.
  • Game has “perk cards” which give players certain perks and can be switched out
  • Crafting items require recipes which can be found in world or traded from other players
  • Might have the ability to open a vendor shop for trading with other players. Not confirmed yet
  • 24 players per server (might be 32?). Players can be seen on the map
  • Team (co-op) limit is 4 players
  • There will be a team deathmatch mode? No details yet
  • “End game” right now is getting nuclear codes which radiates an area. This radiated area will have end game loot which includes legendary items but will also have strong monsters/enemies.. These legendary items have tiers
  • There will be microtransactions for in-game cosmetics only. Can also be obtained through gameplay. This will be used to support free dlc/content updates and for the dedicated servers
  • Nukes are primarily to be used to seal 'fissures' from which massive bosses spawn.
  • Players who kill other players will receive will have bounties placed upon them.

I want it to fail so they don't bother trying to make the Destiny version of Fallout ever again.

Did they completely overhaul their combat engine?  Because the combat in Bethesda's Fallout games has never made me go "Oooh it would be fun to fight other players" 

Next announcement: Todd Howard takes off his Bethesda shirt to reveal an EA one underneath.

• Sad 1