E3 2018

GoGo Yubari

Just two days away from press conference season! Bit of a weird feeling to it since the vast majority of the major releases got leaked and there have been a bunch of pre-E3 announcements, but hopefully it should be a good time. EA does their own thing on Saturday, then on Sunday it's Microsoft, Bethesda, and hopefully a continuation of Devolver Digital's weird nihilistic take on press conferences. Monday a bunch of them highlighted by the return of Square Enix, Ubisoft and their hallucinatory dance sequences, and Sony hitting play on their YouTube playlist of trailers and calling it a day. And then Tuesday is Nintendo's video presentation.

Here's a handy chart showing when each press conference will start:

DenUKCfU8AAsh9q.jpg:large

So, EWB, what are you hoping to see this year?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

So, EWB, what are you hoping to see this year?

In no order:

• Final Fantasy X-3
  • All Kingdom Hearts games on Steam+KH3 release date
  • Battlefield Bad Company 3 tease
  • new Burnout and/or Burnout 3 remaster tease
  • N64 Classic w/ cartridge port
  • Duke Nukem return

25 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Is this rumored at all? Because that'd probably be the only thing about E3 that will excite me. 

Yeah, it's been brought up by Gamespot on their list of rumours for the Nintendo conference, so it seems like it might be in the realm of possibility.

Maybe we'll get a release date for the new Smash Bros too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Square Enix's return to the live conference scene means that you can brace yourselves for a range of exciting CG teaser trailers for games that might come out in ten years' time.

10 years?  The FFVII remake has been in production since before FFVII was originally released

• Like 1

Of what's been said, a Burnout 3/Revenge remaster and FFX-3 would be sweet. More details on the Spider-Man game and some Ratchet & Clank news would be pretty hype too.

I'll watch EA's later just to see if there's any significant changes for Ultimate Team in FIFA next year (and hopefully some pro clubs revamps!)

Elder Scrolls VI would make me lose my shit but it probably won't happen with the new Fallout announcement.

Some cool new PS4 exclusives would be nice too.

Honestly, I don't expect this to be the most memorable of E3 events. We're at the stage where Sony and Microsoft have one eye on their next systems, but aren't going to announce them yet, and most of the big developers already have their games revealed. However, to me, that's quite a good thing because it could allow more attention to be given to the less high-profile titles that might usually be given the sizzle reel treatment. Well, either that or we get more celebrity appearances to fill in the gaps.

9 hours ago, Meacon said:

This and can we pleeeeeeeeease have a new Mario Party on the Switch. 

I'd love this, but only as long as it's more like the original Mario Party system and not like 9 or 10, or at least an option to switch between the two gameplay styles would be good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Owen said:

I'd love this, but only as long as it's more like the original Mario Party system and not like 9 or 10, or at least an option to switch between the two gameplay styles would be good.

Yeah old school mario party for sure. And yeah, I’d be thrilled even if they just ported over Super Mario Maker. I’m not a fan of ports but I really want that.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a new Mario platformer on the Switch too, although I feel like they're not going back to the New Super Mario Bros format any time soon. The Yoshi game is going to be a platformer as well, so that's probably another reason why we won't see a new Mario series platformer announced until at least next year.

I want to be blindsided by a new Nintendo game that they've kept completely under wraps until now, I want a reveal of a mad new character for Smash Bros, and I want confirmation that the Killer7 remaster is coming to PS4.