Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

12 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Last five years such an utter hellscape for the glory supporting United fans of the 90's.

Don't be silly, they all now support City and always have done. You can't trust your childhood memories of them in United shirts, they've always supported Eurasia.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Glad I've got Bailly in my fantasy team.

Captained Aguero - probably 40pts

Bailly and Mata at the minute combining for 1pt between them.

There's only one team in Manchester.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

2 and 3 on centre-backs is criminal, but then again, 80% of your first team squad are centre-backs.

Don't Brazil do it like that?

I'm pretty sure it's 5-2-3-6 traditionally there. 3 and 6 are definitely swapped anyway. It's all cultural!

I think I'd rather write this season off now, get a new manager in who plays a fresh style of football akin to that of Liverpool and City and get us moving in the right direction even if the results won't be coming. I'd prefer to see us evolving and developing a style that can take those two on than continue to watch another season of this god awful anti-football from Mourinho. We'll be awful against Spurs as well.

Sums it up for me really.

I get the distinct feeling that if someone like Martial played for a manager like Pep, he'd be putting up 20 goal / 15 assist league seasons on the regular.

11 hours ago, TCO said:

Don't Brazil do it like that?

I'm pretty sure it's 5-2-3-6 traditionally there. 3 and 6 are definitely swapped anyway. It's all cultural!

4-2-3-6. Formations evolved differently and that's the reason. 

While in England the centre half moved back with the change on the offside rule going from 2-3 4-5-6 to 2-5-3 4-6, in Brazil that never happened. The wing halves kept on the wings and just moved back to support the defense so basically they went from 2-3 4-5-6 to 4-2-3-6 5 which is also the reason why number 5 is usually a defensive midfielder in Brazil.

Anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with their current numbers but rather the fact players pretty much get the numbers they feel like having nowadays.