Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

Tottenham have activated the one-year extension clause in Toby Alderweireld’s contract meaning it’ll now expire in 2020. However, this extension comes with a minimum fee release clause of £25m this summer should be not sign to fresh terms. 

Makes sense from Spurs’ point of view to be honest. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-everton-news-result-fans-sign-on-chant-latest-standings-watch-video-goals-a8700481.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Good thought provoking article. And basically further emphasises you're a bit of a bellend if you engage in any chants like that just because it's a bit of banter. 

• Like 2

On 27/12/2018 at 16:38, DavidMarrio said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-everton-news-result-fans-sign-on-chant-latest-standings-watch-video-goals-a8700481.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Good thought provoking article. And basically further emphasises you're a bit of a bellend if you engage in any chants like that just because it's a bit of banter. 

Where should we draw the line for chants?

20 minutes ago, MDK said:

I remember going to an Eastbourne Boro game once, and the opposition player was getting shirty at the referee about something so this 60-something year old man starting pointing and yelling “JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE LOSING!” at him over and over again.

I feel as though that should be the line.

12 hours ago, MDK said:

There's banter and then there's being a Sol Campbell. 

If you think mocking food poverty and unemployment is funny when its a problem experienced in the whole country then you're pretty much a gammon Sol Campbell. 

Same with racist chants, chants mocking disasters, chants mocking nationalities or religions etc. No place for it. You can think of funny chants against teams or players without having to resort to being a massive bellend. But if the likes of poverty, racism etc is bantz to you (not you as a person btw) then yeh... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

There's banter and then there's being a Sol Campbell. 

If you think mocking food poverty and unemployment is funny when its a problem experienced in the whole country then you're pretty much a gammon Sol Campbell. 

Same with racist chants, chants mocking disasters, chants mocking nationalities or religions etc. No place for it. You can think of funny chants against teams or players without having to resort to being a massive bellend. But if the likes of poverty, racism etc is bantz to you (not you as a person btw) then yeh... 

Now that I am losing my hair I find that calling someone bald is very insulting. It should be stopped at games for sure. And calling people bastards too.

Liverpool definitely scoring inside the first 10 minutes. 

Really not confident at all.

Mané just had both his hands wrapped around Lichsteiner’s neck (don’t blame him to be fair), and BT didn’t even mention it. They showed a slow motion replay and nothing said about it.

:(Y):