Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Makes you realise just how bad Huddersfield and Southampton have been.

I do expect Southampton to improve noticably and stay up though with their new manager. His style is definitely well suited to the Prem. I've loved seeing Danny Ings staying relatively healthy and do well there too.

As I saw the question pop-up on Sky Sports this morning, I thought I'd ask you guys. 

Who do you think has made the biggest impact so far this season out of the summer transfers? 

My vote would have to go to Xherdan Shaqiri. He was almost the perfect buy for Liverpool, the fee was dirt cheap and he compliments the squad so well and can fit in seamlessly to their attack when I think others may have struggled. He goes to show that it sometimes isn't all about the price tag on a player.

30 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

My vote would have to go to Xherdan Shaqiri

Can't really argue against it. £13m was a steal for such a good squad player. He seems like the type of player that could at least get on the bench for any top side.

Shaqiri really surprised people I think as well. He seemed to have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a luxury player but he's not shown any evidence of that at all.

I love Big Shaq. 

2 hours ago, MDK said:

You just know he voted Brexit.

If that dabbing bastard hadn't have turned his body, Shelvey was getting that. Sneaky foreigners ruining the beautiful game :shifty:

36 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

As I saw the question pop-up on Sky Sports this morning, I thought I'd ask you guys. 

Who do you think has made the biggest impact so far this season out of the summer transfers? 

Shaqiri has been a great signing at a really low price. He's been the missing link between attack and midfield for us at times, similar to the role Chamberlain had. There was questions about what his attitude might be like but he's fit in the group really easily. 

Rui Patricio has been a good signing for Wolves and has pulled off some brillaint saves at times for them. 

David Brooks for Bournemouth has been good too.  Never really heard of him before he signed for them but he's scored some decent goals and I could easily see him stepping up to a bigger club in the future. 

43 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

My vote would have to go to Xherdan Shaqiri. He was almost the perfect buy for Liverpool, the fee was dirt cheap and he compliments the squad so well and can fit in seamlessly to their attack when I think others may have struggled. He goes to show that it sometimes isn't all about the price tag on a player.

What about Allison? Their defence has been really, really good and some of that must be down to the goalkeeper.

Felipe Anderson at West Ham is another that springs to mind for me, he's been terrific since settling in.