Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

If United hold on, this will be a massive result in a lot of contexts.

City could build a 5 gap ahead of Spurs whilst we would be 9 points clear
United would be level with Arsenal and only behind on goal difference whilst also staying 6 points behind Chelsea
United's run of form has built up a 9 point gap between them and Watford. 

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I think we'll need a 2nd.

Just don't let Harry Kane do his best Tom Daley impression and you's will be fine. 

I hate United as much as the next person, but it -almost annoyed me that a team with their forward line would be so dull to watch under Mourinho.

The exact same players look so much more fluid, dynamic, pacey, powerful than they ever were under that miserable old bastard. 

Nobody in England should ever give that man a job again. 

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I hate United as much as the next person, but it -almost annoyed me that a team with their forward line would be so dull to watch under Mourinho.

The exact same players look so much more fluid, dynamic, pacey, powerful than they ever were under that miserable old bastard. 

Personally I think he should have stayed at United :shifty: 

• Like 2

Poch must be having serious questions in his head as to what he does next. Spurs aren't going to challenge us or City without any significant investment to the squad. They're stuck in that "not quite there in terms of possibly winning the league" but "better than other teams around them." I don't even think a domestic cup would be enough.

Spurs have the advantage over Arsenal in terms of when their stadium was built in the fact there is a lot more TV money in the game then back then (plus Kroenke just doesn't give a fuck about Arsenal really) 

The next few months are going to be interesting for Spurs. I think they'll qualify for the Champions League without any issues but I don't think Poch will be there next season if Madrid or United come in heavy for him. 

In terms of United, that game was the first real test for Ole and United won and kept a cleansheet. If he keeps this going surely he must be considered as an option long term for the job. Whilst I think maybe some players didn't perform up to their usual standards, they're now playing to a style better suited to them. Mourinho had a big impact on the morale and limiting the options of the players but at the same time, some of those players you could question whether they were even bothering at times.  

• Like 1

The worry for Spurs is - if Poch goes who comes in and does a job? The betting money - and media agenda - is on Eddie Howe, but Howe's not the kind of manager who can work under a budget and sell to buy like Poch has - Spurs net spend since Poch arrived is less than £50 million. Bournemouth's net spend this season alone is £47 million. 

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

And yet I saw someone legitimately say after our game yesterday that we should replace Emery with Mourinho immediately.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

The worry for Spurs is - if Poch goes who comes in and does a job? The betting money - and media agenda - is on Eddie Howe, but Howe's not the kind of manager who can work under a budget and sell to buy like Poch has - Spurs net spend since Poch arrived is less than £50 million. Bournemouth's net spend this season alone is £47 million. 

When Howe started out at Bournemouth they were bottom of League Two with no money and looked like going bust. I get what you're saying, Bournemouth have been heavily backed financially to get up the leagues but I wouldn't write off his ability to do that. I really hope he gets a chance at a top club before long because he is an excellent young manager and if these clubs don't ever take a chance on such managers then we might not find the "next" Poch, or Pep etc.

But yes the next appointment will be very tough for Spurs, the entire culture of the club's playing side has been moulded by him.

2 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

When Howe started out at Bournemouth they were bottom of League Two with no money and looked like going bust. I get what you're saying, Bournemouth have been heavily backed financially to get up the leagues but I wouldn't write off his ability to do that. I really hope he gets a chance at a top club before long because he is an excellent young manager and if these clubs don't ever take a chance on such managers then we might not find the "next" Poch, or Pep etc.

But yes the next appointment will be very tough for Spurs, the entire culture of the club's playing side has been moulded by him.

I think Howe would do much better at United than he would Spurs and yeah, he should definitely get a chance at a big club soon hopefully.

• Like 1