Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

That really sucks, only 45.

A few months ago his name cropped up during a game of Championship Manager and he's one of those players I had forgotten about but instantly remembered him when I saw the name on the game.

On 21/06/2018 at 10:03, Sto Kerea said:

10 days until the first Chelsea players are due back at Cobham for pre-season... Still no resolution on the managerial front...

Chelsea's pre-season was supposed to start yesterday, but has now been pushed back to July 9th...

:rolleyes:

Maybe they could send Lamela instead. I reckon he could do with a stint in the army.

Don't know how many teams are competing at this one but the last one was like a World Cup in itself. 29 teams and a 16 team knockout stage. 

Won't be a sure thing for South Korea at all!

He is. Scott Parker is the top prize at this year's Asian games. A prize worth more than gold. 

• Like 1

So Chelsea players returned for pre-season training today and various places report that Conte and his team were present but didn't take any sessions and instead had a number of meetings. 

Players must be so confused as to what is going on.

10 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So Chelsea players returned for pre-season training today and various places report that Conte and his team were present but didn't take any sessions and instead had a number of meetings. 

Players must be so confused as to what is going on.

I'm sure they are. Everyone else is.

I mean, apparently this weekend they're just doing physio checks and actual pre-season training only starts tomorrow, hence potentially no involvement with Conte, but...yeah. It's a fucking nonsense.

And if somehow we do end up sticking with Conte (although I'm not sure that's tenable from all that I read), someone would have to explain why our transfer dealings are also non-existent right now.

1 hour ago, Sto Kerea said:

I'm sure they are. Everyone else is.

I mean, apparently this weekend they're just doing physio checks and actual pre-season training only starts tomorrow, hence potentially no involvement with Conte, but...yeah. It's a fucking nonsense.

And if somehow we do end up sticking with Conte (although I'm not sure that's tenable from all that I read), someone would have to explain why our transfer dealings are also non-existent right now.

Giving Jose a 3rd go almost doesn't sound too terrible now I bet. :shifty:

I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if we'd have given Giggs the job at United whenever that came up, as it did a few times after Fergie retired.

It always mystified me how he always seemed to be a better option than anyone else in the world for some fans. 

I don't imagine it would have worked out as well as some thought.

Edited by Noah