Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

We could've played all night and never scored. The front three keeps getting flack for being out of form, but it is very much more our midfield has no drive, no creativity. I don't know what Shaqiri has to do to try and get a chance to do something meaningful, as he's the only player in the squad right now who will try something in midfield. 

I really miss The Ox ☹️

There's plenty of time for Shaqiri. People were saying the same things about Robertson last season when he wasn't playing.

It's weird how people look at things. Liverpool have scored more and conceded far less than they had at this point last season. I'm not really sure if it's so much that Liverpool are misfiring or that everyone has an inflated sense of expectation around the team based on the tail end of last season.

The "nightmare run" is over and Liverpool have lost only 2 but are unbeaten in the league. That's good.

12 minutes ago, Lineker said:

John Terry has announced his retirement from football.

Bet he wrote his Instagram post whilst wearing his shinpads

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

We could've played all night and never scored. The front three keeps getting flack for being out of form, but it is very much more our midfield has no drive, no creativity. I don't know what Shaqiri has to do to try and get a chance to do something meaningful, as he's the only player in the squad right now who will try something in midfield. 

I really miss The Ox ☹️

Joint third on points and you are still moaning. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MDK said:

Joint third on points and you are still moaning. 

Absolutely. This is Liverpool's best chance to win the league in how long? I know I know, "it's our year" and everything, but it's true. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results, but can you honestly say we've had many good performances this season? West Ham, Spurs, and PSG were good performances, but I can't think of anything else really. 

Am I being spoiled? Sure. But if the goal is to win the league, you want to play like a title winning side. I know winning when playing poor is the mark of a title winning side, but probably not as much as we are right now. My fear is that if we keep playing as such, eventually the results will start matching the performances. 

2 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Absolutely. This is Liverpool's best chance to win the league in how long? I know I know, "it's our year" and everything, but it's true. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results, but can you honestly say we've had many good performances this season? West Ham, Spurs, and PSG were good performances, but I can't think of anything else really. 

Am I being spoiled? Sure. But if the goal is to win the league, you want to play like a title winning side. I know winning when playing poor is the mark of a title winning side, but probably not as much as we are right now. My fear is that if we keep playing as such, eventually the results will start matching the performances. 

Could be worse though, could be an Arsenal fan.

19 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Absolutely. This is Liverpool's best chance to win the league in how long? 

Four years :shifty:

But this is probably the best squad we've had for ages. 

• Sad 1

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/10/8/17941120/tottenham-cardiff-2018-computer-generated-player-ratings

Erik Lamela: Whose violent skills are probably not just tactically omnivorous? You can perhaps expect anything uplifting from Christian Eriksen, skipping inside Wembley and developing into deep inspiration. But this is not Erik Lamela. Sharp ends, friendly eliminators.

Juan Foyth: Foyth had a tabloid affair with that charmingly athletic cartoon grasshopper. Spurs might have dredged up some adolescent ram for the Argentinian but really who has the skills? Daniel Levy? Whereas others would transform into steaks, Foyth’s wedding should be something beautiful and slightly frightening.

Moussa Sissoko: His head back, chest heaving, fizzing with mysterious acid clouds, arguably the best attacking midfielder in generations, Moussa Sissoko looked ill. What stands out from his physical journey is an intensity highlighting textbook mistakes as stodgy as cold porridge. There probably is a genuinely gifted 21-year old boy in the Premier League but not many have latched on to making their development into scragging bursts.

• Like 1