Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

I'll be honest, seems weird for Manchester United to just be writing off the season in December by getting the manager of Molde in on loan just for a bit of feel good nostalgia, when they're still in the Champions League and not a million miles off fourth.

Suppose it at least suggests there might be some kind of plan in place with someone for the end of the season that they wouldn't be able to get halfway through, like Pochettino or someone.

Sounds a bit like Hiddink's first stint at Chelsea. It was made clear from the start that he was still Russia manager and was definitely going back, just in case he did well enough for people to want him to stay (which they did).

I do find it weird that they've brought in Solskjaer who has experience really only in Norway and a stint at Cardiff in which they were relegated. 

Just don't get why they haven't promoted internally if it's for a few months. Seems an odd appointment.

Should have just got Steve Bruce and his massive moon head in :shifty:

• Admin
Just now, DavidMarrio said:

I do find it weird that they've brought in Solskjaer who has experience really only in Norway and a stint at Cardiff in which they were relegated. 

Just don't get why they haven't promoted internally if it's for a few months. Seems an odd appointment.

Should have just got Steve Bruce and his massive moon head in :shifty:

Could have got Sparky for nothing!

• Like 1

I think it's a crafty move tbh. Solksjaer is one of their most beloved alumni and, Cardiff spell aside, has had a pretty successfully menagerial run (admittedly, not in a top tier league, but still). The fact he is 'on loan' is a nice get out for them too.

He was the reserves manager at Man Utd for three years previously so he does have experience of how the backroom there functions, so it's not totally out of left field. He's also basically a can't lose appointment, if they suddenly go on a massive run and get top four, he's a football genius. If they continue to underperform or even get worse, then it's because the squad is weak and have bad attitudes etc.