Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

I imagine (and would like to think) that this is before tax. Think Italy have a high tax. Plus taking into account he's a free transfer. 

So I highly doubt he's getting 400k into his bank account each week. 

Then again I could be completely fucking wrong and Juve have gone mad. 

This is what happens when you let a players contract run down, teams can spread a potential transfer fee over the players wages, because that’s exactly what’s happening.

Rather than us getting a nice £40-50m for him, it goes straight to Aaron Ramsey. 

There’s no way he’s getting that sort of contract without being a free agent.

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This is what happens when you let a players contract run down, teams can spread a potential transfer fee over the players wages, because that’s exactly what’s happening.

Rather than us getting a nice £40-50m for him, it goes straight to Aaron Ramsey. 

There’s no way he’s getting that sort of contract without being a free agent.

I'm amazed more players haven't cottoned on to the fact that they can run their contracts down and then get a massively inflated wage at a new club.

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'm amazed more players haven't cottoned on to the fact that they can run their contracts down and then get a massively inflated wage at a new club.

I think that most clubs are wise to it and try to sell them on before.

Arsenal are just not very good at it.

12 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Mystified how anyone thinks that is a foul on the keeper.

I'm more annoyed that the linesman missed the blatant foul on Almiron a minute earlier directly in front of him which would have pretty much finished the game. No complaints about the goal at all, and the number of people on Twitter going "where did the extra minute come from" when we wasted a minute bringing Manquillo on. Stupid people.

Dubravka's control of his area has absolutely vanished this season, I blame Subbuteo keeper Steve Harper...