Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

I thought we were awful and just about deserved a draw. Playing five at the back is baffling when we don't have the full backs to make use of the extra space - Trippier is truly terrible. Cannot wait to have Dele back & we desperately need a central midfielder, as if we were playing Danny Rose as a holding midfield player by the end. 

I thought you deserved to lose, thoroughly in all honesty. Arsenal weren't dominating like at the Emirates but we had you contained the whole time. It wouldn't be a NLD without a dubious Spurs penalty though. I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but 100% Lacazette buries that penalty if he were still on the pitch. I'll happily take a point away to Spurs but yeah, Arsenal absolutely should have won that.

That Arsenal pen at the end was definitely not apen, but warranted via karma. Auba was a real softie, but Vertonghen hardcore encroached on it, and is why he was able to block that follow up cross. Spurs really didn't deserve shit.

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Southampton getting screwed over by the ref here today. Should have had two first half pens 

I think the Young one was a foul, Smalling not so much. He's got away with far worse. :shifty:

There can't be many pro's with a worse first touch than Lukaku but he's pulled this one out of the bag for us today. Two great goals. Amazing strike from Andreas too who, as if by magic, came to life when he went further forward after Alexis came off. He's not a defensive midfielder and shouldn't play as one.

Pogba is a dick though. 

I want to criticise the way Chelsea defended that corner, but I feel even calling it 'defending' does the game a disservice.

Well even Jorginho's scoring from open play... Blimey.

I think we actually deserved to win that. If we'd have had Richarlison on from the start instead of Walcott, I reckon we could have done it. Biased obviously, and we took a point away from a derby game and, more importantly to a bitter blue like myself, took two points away from Liverpool. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troy said:

I think we actually deserved to win that. If we'd have had Richarlison on from the start instead of Walcott, I reckon we could have done it. Biased obviously, and we took a point away from a derby game and, more importantly to a bitter blue like myself, took two points away from Liverpool. :P

No one deserved to win that and if they did we should have scored from the Salah chances and Fabinho chance. 

Can't wait for the DVD to be in the Everton shop if we don't win the league :shifty:

9 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

No one deserved to win that and if they did we should have scored from the Salah chances and Fabinho chance. 

Can't wait for the DVD to be in the Everton shop if we don't win the league :shifty:

I'm sure they'll slip right off the shelves. :P

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Troy said:

I think you're right. Groaned when I saw Walcott starting and groaned every time he did anything to be honest.

We were the better side in the second half but have zero cutting edge. Still, if not for Pickford's idiot moment at Anfield, Liverpool would be 3 points behind City now and on the basis of what I've seen recently that is about fair. They won't win the league.