Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Lacazette headed the ball out of De Gea’s hand, Gary Crosby style and scored but it was disallowed. Isn’t the rule if the keeper has one hand on it, the ball is fair game?

Nope, when it's in their hand or hands, they have to be allowed to distribute the ball. That's why you don't see players trying to intercept the ball when a GK is kicking it out of their hands, as you aren't allowed to touch it.

It was a scrappy game, but we were fortunate to come away with anything there. It really will take a miracle to get top 4.

• Like 1

That was an utterly horrible game of football to watch. I think Sunday must have really zapped it out of us as we weren’t at the races at any point.

All four goals were ugly as fuck. I’m glad it’s over and we didn’t lose at least. 

Yet injuries to Holding, Ramsey and possibly Mustafi are worrying.

On a side note, the FA should look at the incident in which Fellaini tried to yank Guendouzi’s hair out of his head <insert Fellaini misses his hair joke here> because quite frankly I think that should have been a red card. Was proper nasty. 

Fellaini will face no further action from the FA for pulling Guendouzi's hair as "the referee gave a free-kick for the incident". Ok, whatever, useless twats.

In 2016, Robert Huth was given a three-match ban for pulling Marouane Fellaini's hair, because there is nothing like consistency with the FA. Fellaini was also given a three-match ban for the incident as obviously in true fashion, he elbowed Huth in the face in retaliation. 

How would that affect things like shirt sponsors and "live from the Bet365 stadium!" going forward? I mean, I'm all happy for not seeing the irritating adverts every few seconds saying "have a few quid on this scenario... but only if you can afford it like" but if you're still going to be seeing betting adverts everywhere anyway it doesn't seem like it'd make a huge dent in the problem.

11 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

How would that affect things like shirt sponsors and "live from the Bet365 stadium!" going forward? I mean, I'm all happy for not seeing the irritating adverts every few seconds saying "have a few quid on this scenario... but only if you can afford it like" but if you're still going to be seeing betting adverts everywhere anyway it doesn't seem like it'd make a huge dent in the problem.

Nothing but hopefully this is the start of a move towards getting rid of them off the shirts and hoardings too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Fellaini will face no further action from the FA for pulling Guendouzi's hair as "the referee gave a free-kick for the incident". Ok, whatever, useless twats.

In 2016, Robert Huth was given a three-match ban for pulling Marouane Fellaini's hair, because there is nothing like consistency with the FA. Fellaini was also given a three-match ban for the incident as obviously in true fashion, he elbowed Huth in the face in retaliation. 

Disgraceful. The whole team went out with the intention of kicking Arsenal off the pitch, but that was particularly bad.

15 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

Unai Emery has told Guendouzi to get a haircut. Preferably a Johnny Unitas.

Had to be done...

Image result for grampa simpson haircut

• Like 2

• Admin
On 05/12/2018 at 20:59, Liam Mk2 said:

I worry that Holding could be out for a good few months. Which leaves us with Sokratis and a complete liability in Skhodran Mustafi. There is Laurent Koscielny as well, but lets face it, he's 33 and is coming back from a serious achilles injury. We have to strengthen there in January, we have no choice in my opinion. 

Ruptured ACL for Holding. Nine months on the shelf.

• Sad 1

• Admin

José Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has issued a rare statement in which he insists Manchester United’s manager is content at the club and the board are “very happy” with his client.

Mourinho has cut an embattled figure for most of the campaign because of issues related to United’s summer transfer policy, his relationship with Paul Pogba and poor league form that has left his team 18 points behind the leaders, Manchester City, after 15 matches. Mendes’s move, then, will be viewed with interest.

“There have been more rumours of Jose Mourinho leaving Manchester United,” he told the Telegraph. “It’s totally untrue. José is very happy at the club and the club is very happy with him. He has a long-term contract with Manchester United and is fully committed to the club in building a solid winning project.”

Mourinho had earlier said that Fred, his only major summer signing, will struggle for selection until United are “defensively stronger”.

The Brazilian cost £50m but has been dropped by the manager, with the midfielder not in the 18-man squad for Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with Arsenal at Old Trafford. He has also been an unused substitute in five of the last seven games.

United’s goal difference is -1, having conceded 25 goals and scored 24. “The day we are stronger defensively I think the horizons for Fred change,” Mourinho said.

Of the 25-year-old’s progress since signing, he said: “Step by step; you have also other players in other clubs that needed their time and you have some of them that played even less than what Fred is playing.”

Mourinho was due to assess the fitness of Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Anthony Martial and Eric Bailly on Friday. “For sure we are going to play with players not at the maximum,” he said, “but players who will put themselves available for the team like Smalling did last match, Jones at Southampton – players in difficulty who go one step forward to try to help the team.”

On 06/12/2018 at 15:09, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Nothing but hopefully this is the start of a move towards getting rid of them off the shirts and hoardings too.

I yearn for a return of the shirt sponsors of the mid 90s with building societies, local brewers and large computing and consumer electoronic companies dominated shirts.

So I'm used to hearing about the dreaded 'vote of confidence' coming from a chairperson or the board, in the various sports I keep an eye on but what does it mean when Jose gets the vote of confidence from his agent?

Edited by Molly