Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

So if Everton also win and we combine that with all the other relevant results, for all the positive talk about Manchester United's win, all they've done is overtake the mighty Bournemouth, move up to the giddy heights of 7th, gain 3 points on a team they'll never catch and with a game against table topping Liverpool to come. :shifty:

Edited by Molly

Raheem Sterling released a statement regarding the racist abuse he was the subject of yesterday.

Good on him, he's kept quiet for a long, long time despite the Daily Mail and Sun in particular constantly picking on him. 

To be honest, it would not shock me if they ran this as a story with a heading along the lines of "FOREIGN-BORN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL IN GRAMMAR DISASTER".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Raheem Sterling released a statement regarding the racist abuse he was the subject of yesterday.

Good on him, he's kept quiet for a long, long time despite the Daily Mail and Sun in particular constantly picking on him. 

To be honest, it would not shock me if they ran this as a story with a heading along the lines of "FOREIGN-BORN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL IN GRAMMAR DISASTER".

An excellent post by Sterling and completely accurate. The image of him laughing as those Chelsea "fans" hurled this abuse at him is quite powerful.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jerippon Marathon said:

Don't worry you'll slip back into second soon.

The bitterness is strong in this one. 

41 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

An excellent post by Sterling and completely accurate. The image of him laughing as those Chelsea "fans" hurled this abuse at him is quite powerful.

I really feel for Sterling. He gets so much shit from the press and I feel like him coming out and saying that might hopefully cause the media to rethink. I've seen a lot of journos are already debating the issue on social media today. 

Just now, Jerippon Marathon said:

No I just think City will smash Everton and you'll get peak Jose'd next weekend so you'll swap back over again.

It's got 0-0 written all over it. We were all saying in the pub after the game that the match will have so much shithousery

If anyone can shit house a game away at Anfield despite Sky trying to force feed it down everyone's throat it's that miserable prick. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I really feel for Sterling. He gets so much shit from the press and I feel like him coming out and saying that might hopefully cause the media to rethink. I've seen a lot of journos are already debating the issue on social media today. 

Debating? What the fuck are they saying, are some suggesting it's fine to slate black players more? 

First time I've had the pleasure of Mike Dean in a while, nice to see he still waits 5 seconds before gesturing for a foul or bringing out a card to make sure he's on camera. His new policy of ignoring head injuries is interesting though.

43 minutes ago, Colly said:

Debating? What the fuck are they saying, are some suggesting it's fine to slate black players more? 

I think it's some saying why aren't colleagues bein challenged when these stories that are being written. 

It's not just a sports issue though as we all are aware of how The Daily Mail and The Scum have operated for years. 

It's not on the same level as the outright hatred and vitriol directed at Raheem, but I've found it both surprising and not suprising at all that ever since the wedding, there has been a seemingly constant stream of press stories about Meghan Markle being 'difficult', 'demanding' and seemingly forever being at odds with Kate and the Queen over the most minute of issues, just generally painting her in a negative light. Now it might be that she is a complete nightmare, but it's still surprising because in general, the press don't report on the Royals in a negative light unless it's unavoidable but also not surprising because we have a mixed-race foreigner in the royal family.

I thought John Barnes spoke incredibly well about this on the BBC earlier

The way the media have treated Sterling in particular is fucking disgraceful, I don't know how they've managed to get away with it for so long until fairly recently. I'm glad has Sterling has spoke out about them and he's 100% correct. Fuck the lot of this tabloid pondlife.

Think Carragher and Neville speak quite well here too.

It's at least heartening to see so many people backing Sterling for coming out and speaking about the media too.

• Like 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The Chelsea fan accused of racism toward Raheem Sterling has said that he used the words “Manc cunt”, not “black cunt”. 

“I’ve been going to Chelsea for 50 years now and, because of where I sit, I’m picked up on the camera most weeks. If I had a history of saying this sort of thing I would’ve been caught by now.”

Chelsea have suspended four people from attending their matches, pending further investigations into allegations of racial abuse directed at Sterling during Saturday’s match at Stamford Bridge. Police have not made any arrests.

The Mail further quoted the fan as saying he had lost his job and Chelsea season ticket and as adding: “I offer him an unreserved apology. Even if it wasn’t racist, it’s not right what I said.”

I always feel bad for Raheem Sterling because he has had to deal with all this nonsense for so long and he's only 24. 

Although, I will remain behind the idea of Liverpool fans booing him because that's all about the shitty way his move to City was engineered. Mostly because he has yet to ever play well against Liverpool either. :shifty: