Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

6 wins in a row, 4 clean sheets in a row, 2nd place and 3 points off top with a game in hand on Portsmouth. We've got a squad of players that want to be here and a manager that has more than just one plan and can make positive changes. We may be in League One, I don't really care because it feels good to be a Sunderland Supporter again. To add to that, our owners are a class above too 😎🤗

Edited by Just Joe
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

6 wins in a row, 4 clean sheets in a row, 2nd place and 3 points off top with a game in hand on Portsmouth. We've got a squad of players that want to be here and a manager that has more than just one plan and can make positive changes. We may be in League One, I don't really care because it feels good to be a Sunderland Supporter again. To add to that, our owners are a class above too 😎🤗

Were Plymouth as turgid as I think they probably were?

41 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Were Plymouth as turgid as I think they probably were?

Had a pretty good spell after our first goal and pushed for the equaliser but McLaughlin made some huge saves (again), at least three I can think of, Play like that against other teams and you'll get out of it comfortably I think. 

• Thanks 1

He gets this shit every year and it's pathetic. I'd like to see British people wear a memorial for "soldiers" who slaughtered members of their community.

I far from a stanch Republican and even I wouldn't be seen dead in one of Britian's blood poppies. McClean is from the Creggan where 6 of the people that were murdered during Bloody Sunday are also from. He legitimately wouldn't be safe to ever go home if he were mad enough to want to wear one.

Matic didn't wear one either for similar reasons. I don't think you're average shithead knows and/or cares about the blood that's on the hands of the British Army.

• Like 5

I didn't know about Matic which tells you the level of media interest on McLean. Load of bollocks, and Stoke fans were apparently booing him too. Surely not wearing it is better than wearing it grudgingly? 

I'll always wear one, but poppy policing is utterly pathetic, hence why Poppywatch is one of my favourite twitter accounts. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TCO said:

I don't think you're average shithead knows and/or cares about the blood that's on the hands of the British Army. 

Every army has blood on its hands, surely?

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Every army has blood on its hands, surely?

I meant specifically civilian massacres conducted by the British Army. Casualties is war are a given and I wouldn't criticise that.

We've got two Bloody Sundays where innocent civillians were murdered thanks to our lovely foreign occupiers!