Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

• Admin

Full fixtures for all three divisions of the EFL will be announced Thursday, 21st June. But, that gives us a whole week to try and attempt to somewhat predict the clusterfuck that is the Championship (and League's One and Two, of course)!

I have no idea what is going to happen at Villa - but for their sake's I hope they somehow manage to pull their shit together and get back to the Premier League, where they should be. Forest seem to be trying to do a Wolves this season, so it's also promotion or bust for them as well it seems. I'm also going to predict Ipswich having a sneaky good season under Paul Hurst as well.

The season kicks off on Saturday 11 August. Here are the opening day fixtures:

A.F.C. Bournemouth v Cardiff City

Arsenal v Manchester City

Fulham v Crystal Palace

Huddersfield Town v Chelsea

Liverpool v West Ham United

Manchester United v Leicester City

Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Southampton v Burnley

Watford v Brighton

Wolverhampton v Everton

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen. They never put 'big' teams against each other on the opening weekend.

• Admin

Two Charlton Athletic footballers accused of a sex attack on a British woman in Ibiza have appeared in court.

Recco Hackett-Fairchild and Karlan Ahearne-Grant, both aged 20, were arrested on Tuesday after the 19-year-old woman reported a sexual assault in the village of San Jose.

The Foreign Office said it was aware of the allegations and was in contact with the family and Spanish authorities.

Charlton said it would not be commenting due to the investigation.

According to police in Ibiza, the woman and a friend were on holiday on the Spanish island.

They had gone to the town of San Antonio on 11 June and in the afternoon they met several other footballers.

It is alleged that the two women went to a hotel room in San Jose with the footballers, where one of them was sexually assaulted.

The following day, Spanish Police went to the hotel and arrested the two Charlton forwards.

A spokesman for Charlton said: "The club have been made aware and are looking into this matter.

"Due to the ongoing investigation we will not be commenting any further at this stage."

Ahearne-Grant began his career at Charlton in 2014 and has made 69 appearances for The Addicks in all competitions; scoring seven goals.

He has also had loan spells at Cambridge United and Crawley Town and has been capped by England at U17, U18 and U19 levels.

Hackett-Fairchild has made 12 appearances for Charlton since he joined the club in 2016.

The forward has also played for Dagenham & Redbridge and Dulwich Hamlet.

I've run out of tissues.

Apparently we're paying him about 3.5m a year and are giving him £30m to spend. It seems like the reason Radrizanni was questioning the legality of Wolves' approach was because he plans on copying it.

10 hours ago, Colombaddar said:

I really hope this isn't a case of some bad results through til about October and then a sacking. Leeds need to be back in the PL.

Really?

This is a really interesting appointment though. I hope he gets time to give it a good go because he's a totally different proposition to most managers, if not all of them.