Sky Bet EFL 2018/19

Lineker

Aldershot is on the south coast so not sure if you mean a different team there, but one thing I will say is that if Notts County drop into that division, every club will bring as many fans as they can to Meadow Lane because it will be a huge fixture for them all.

Lots of teams have fallen into oblivion as you've listed but it's usually due to financial ruin, and let's be honest of those clubs you listed there's only really Stockport who are remotely comparable in terms of size, resource or history, and even then I'd say Notts still have more of most of those things.

You'll be okay in the end, and you may not go down yet this season either although it's clearly been a shambles up to now.

Edited by Adam es Tranquilo

3 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Aldershot is on the south coast so not sure if you mean a different team there, but one thing I will say is that if Notts County drop into that division, every club will bring as many fans as they can to Meadow Lane because it will be a huge fixture for them all.

Lots of teams have fallen into oblivion as you've listed but it's usually due to financial ruin, and let's be honest of those clubs you listed there's only really Stockport who are remotely comparable in terms of size, resource or history, and even then I'd say Notts still have more of most of those things.

You'll be okay in the end, and you may not go down yet this season either although it's clearly been a shambles up to now.

I'm not sure why, but I had it in my head that Aldershot was in Derbyshire. I've never been there, clearly.

There'll have to be a lot of rebuilding to get promoted within the next few years. I can't see many of the current crop deserving to be kept on after his season, and the few that deserve to remain in the division, such as Enzio Boldewijn and Lewis Alessandra, will surely be picked up by better teams. Hopefully, if Ardley stays, he will recruit the right sort of players and, to be fair, the three signings (two of which are on loan) he's picked up in this transfer window have been reasonably good so far. Predictably, it's been difficult to convince skilled and determined players to come to a side rooted at the bottom of the league, so I won't hold my breath on much more.

On 12/01/2019 at 03:03, Matt said:

In the 60s we were known as being dirty, in the early 70s we were dominant and the team to beat. In the 80s our fanbase had a reputation as being hooligans and then in the late 90s/ early 00s we almost became a "big club" but we missed out on the champions league qualification places because Wes Brown scored an own goal that was disallowed for reasons I don't understand to this day. We ended up being relegated because we ended up in massive amounts of debt before the huge tv deals came into place

Alternatively,  fuck you all... we're Leeds United,  we'll do what we want..... WE'RE GOING UP AS FUCKING CHAMPIONS

Honestly, I dislike Leeds because of the fans, and that goes for any and all Leeds sports team.

11 hours ago, MDK said:

Sometimes relegation can be a good thing. We are, apart from a small blip in form, TOP OF THE LEAGUE BABY. League Three champs in the making. You can't polish a turd but you can sprinkle glitter on it.

Tinpot Premier, not League Three.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich said:

Non-League, Non-factor.

Its not non league, its like when you clock a game you have to play on a higher difficulty setting. We are just doing it on expert mode when you fools are playing on beginner.

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

Its not non league, its like when you clock a game you have to play on a higher difficulty setting. We are just doing it on expert mode when you fools are playing on beginner.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just now, Rich said:

Cooee

I legit had no idea that the Dunkin' Donuts guy is an Orient fan from England. DD is about as American as apple pie and school shootings but the boss is a childhood O's fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDK said:

I legit had no idea that the Dunkin' Donuts guy is an Orient fan from England. DD is about as American as apple pie and school shootings but the boss is a childhood O's fan.

I mean it makes sense, your ground is a hole in the middle of a set of flats.

Just now, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Non-league fans always ruining the EFL thread.

League Three.

Just now, Rich said:

I mean it makes sense, your ground is a hole in the middle of a set of flats.

But what a set of flats