WWE 2K19

Owen

7 hours ago, iDOL said:

Is there any way to filter out so that you don’t play against people’s shitty CAWs online?

I think there's a fair play option which leaves you with just default characters with no edited stats, to my understanding.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, apsham said:

Even if they're using regular characters, it's always just - knock you down, use up all your reversals with stomps and cheese to a victory.

Yeah, the ridiculous Kevin Owens one where he whips you toward the ropes only to spin you around and kick you in the gut was spammed about 30 times in one match. What are these assholes trying to achieve with that? It can’t be fun to play like that

Just now, iDOL said:

Yeah, the ridiculous Kevin Owens one where he whips you toward the ropes only to spin you around and kick you in the gut was spammed about 30 times in one match. What are these assholes trying to achieve with that? It can’t be fun to play like that

Unless it's a community of people seeking each other out and agreeing to play as if they were in an actual match, I just don't think that playing a wrestling game online is ever really going to work out. By nature it was always kind of shit just because there's always going to be a spammable move/strategy - but since they really pushed ranks, and rewards and stuff like that it just got worse because now there's actually something to gain by winning so it boils down to who can do the biggest cheap shots first.

Fair play mode was a good step to get rid of the 100 OVR custom characters with glitched/cheap movesets but the base nature of the game is pretty much a write off to begin with. Get thrown out of the ring? Well you're pretty much going to take a hit or waste a reversal when you get back in.

4-way tag team elimination matches are great. I feared that the elimination setting would mean that when one person lost, their teammate would be eliminated too, but apparently not! I'm doing a knockouts-only variant of that match and it's stupid fun.

I was ill all weekend and decided to create a whole new universe - WCW!!

I am currently spamming the downloads to fill in some gaps but my WCW Nitro roster currently has:

Sting

Big Show

Ric Flair

DDP

Savage

Scott Hall

Rey Mysterio

Chris Jericho

Goldberg

CAWS

Kidman

Psicosis

La Parka

Scott Steiner

Raven

Kanyon

Buff Bagwell

Am saving up to get Eddie Guerrero, Kevin Nash, Booker T and Lex Luger. Will also download a few others so I can get some other brilliant CAWS. Just had my first Nitro and DDP became US Champion, Ric Flair cheated to beat Sting to become WCW Champion and Rey Mysterio won the Cruiserweight title in a 5 star ladder match against Kidman and Psicosis.

I am LOVING this game! I might make another show and have ECW as my other roster.

27 minutes ago, Owen said:

4-way tag team elimination matches are great. I feared that the elimination setting would mean that when one person lost, their teammate would be eliminated too, but apparently not! I'm doing a knockouts-only variant of that match and it's stupid fun.

Apparently it's bugged. One member of each team was eliminated by about the 10 minute mark and now the four guys left have been battling out for like 30 minutes. I've hit Rezar with maybe 7 or 8 finishers and he's still not out. God dammit.

EDIT: i switched who I was playing as and then Big E (who I was originally controlling) got eliminated almost immediately (by me, now as Cesaro). Nonsense!! I was winning the entire time! Why is Rezar apparently so OP?

EDIT2: And then Rezar and Jey Uso were both immediately eliminated just after. Seems like Big E just needed haven't any knockout moves, and the AI just weren't hitting their signatures/finishers for whatever reason.

Just started a universe using downloaded females only (plus my in-progress LDM) it's thrown up some good matches for the first show.

Laura Di Matteo vs Kay Lee Ray

Tegan Nox vs Xia Brookside

Io Shirai vs Mercedes Martinez

Nikki Cross vs Taynara Conti

Viper vs Dakota Kai vs Millie McKenzie

Charlie Morgan vs Killer Kelly

Toni Storm vs Aerial Monroe

I'd pay good money for that.

Submission system can be changed to a button mashing type mini-game. Pinfall system sucks, I agree.

So you really can't control another wrestler after you've been eliminated from a battle royal/royal rumble, elimination chamber, etc? I don't like sitting here watching two or more AI controlled wrestlers go at it for like 20 minutes.

5 hours ago, tristy said:

Submission system can be changed to a button mashing type mini-game. Pinfall system sucks, I agree.

So you really can't control another wrestler after you've been eliminated from a battle royal/royal rumble, elimination chamber, etc? I don't like sitting here watching two or more AI controlled wrestlers go at it for like 20 minutes.

you can! you can always switch who you're playing as even when you haven't been eliminated.

13 minutes ago, tristy said:

Tell me more?

There's an option on the pause menu called 'Controller assignment' and you can add/remove players or switch who you're playing as at any time (provided the option isn't greyed out, which happens sometimes).