WWE 2K19

Owen

21 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

People on IGN are clinging to the hope that there are hidden characters unlockable in Towers mode, and that Ciampa, Kendrick, and Cross would be among that group.

I'm really doubting that.  They like to promote the roster.  And even if they did have hidden characters, I feel like I'd be more inclined to use new characters for that.  Like I'd sooner make you complete a Tower to unlock Pete Dunne, Mustafa Ali, and Kairi Sane than I would people who were already in the game last year.

Yeah, I'm just clinging to that hope too, really... as it just seems so ridiculous to me that they aren't in, but there's no reason why they wouldn't advertise them in because all they gain from not doing so is a little bit of bad press and a ton of uproar from fans for a nice surprise in a couple weeks when the game is out. Not sure if that'd be worth it at all.

2 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

People on IGN are clinging to the hope that there are hidden characters unlockable in Towers mode, and that Ciampa, Kendrick, and Cross would be among that group.

I'm really doubting that.  They like to promote the roster.  And even if they did have hidden characters, I feel like I'd be more inclined to use new characters for that.  Like I'd sooner make you complete a Tower to unlock Pete Dunne, Mustafa Ali, and Kairi Sane than I would people who were already in the game last year.

The only unlockable characters from a tower mode should be Akeem or the Big Bossman.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

You act as if they were strapped to beds during their recovery, never to leave their bedroom. While injured, they could have still done mocap and all of that. Look at Tyson Kidd for example.

I wasn't saying the wrestlers themselves weren't capable, I'm saying that on the day 2k showed up with their truck to a live event to scan everyone, the injured guys won't have been there. Kendrick isn't flying in during his recovery to scan his (broken orbital bone as well) face in to the game. Same with Ciampa sat at home whilst they go to the PC to scan everyone for NXT. It's something that can easily be worked around but we know 2k don't seem to like simple solutions.

6 hours ago, Owen said:

That makes sense to me somewhat for Ciampa because he's changed a lot since he came back from injury, but as far as I'm aware, neither Kendrick or Cross have really changed character wise or even in the moves for them to justify being taken out. Surely they could've just used last year's models if they were really that desperate? Unless they have completely redone how it all works this year, but then that doesn't make too much sense because there are a bunch of legends that they wouldn't have been able to scan in the last year that were in previous years...

Aye well, again I'm applying "2k logic" to it because realistically of course they should just use last year's models if that's the case. But you can tell the difference when they can't face-scan characters, usually legends. Remember that horrid Booker T model from a year or two ago?

2 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Aye well, again I'm applying "2k logic" to it because realistically of course they should just use last year's models if that's the case. But you can tell the difference when they can't face-scan characters, usually legends. Remember that horrid Booker T model from a year or two ago?

Oh of course, Booker T's model has been dreadful for a lot of years. Just bizarre that they aren't in at all. I'd rather them and looking a bit crap rather than them not in at all. I get the whole thing that we can just download CAWs but then we don't get the entrance stuff which puts me off a little.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if the entrances weren't in. Ciampa just switched away from silence so he'd have no music in and if the rest of Sanity are in then there's a Nikki Cross theme. Her a d Kendrick's themes may even be left in. There's always weirdness in the theme music list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I'd be surprised if the entrances weren't in. Ciampa just switched away from silence so he'd have no music in and if the rest of Sanity are in then there's a Nikki Cross theme. Her a d Kendrick's themes may even be left in. There's always weirdness in the theme music list.

Oh yeah, of course. Ciampa doesn't/didn't have an entrance theme so it's not as if I can complain about it not being in!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

2K is a lot like WWE. Gameplay (storytelling), modes (listening to your audience) and anything else important are secondary to the things that bring in extra money.

I thought the same playing WWE 2K17 (in comparing actual WWE and the video game). It looks pretty, a ton of great talent to use/see, but the basic fundamentals were lacking. Stuff that they did well before, but now they seem to be coasting. It’s like, you see the potential for a great product but are somehow always underwhelmed.

Ok, so the career mode looks a lot more interesting. Will have to wait for a review of it. I still don’t see me buying it though. 

I know I’ve mentioned this a few times as well but why, oh why does the ring mat not move even slightly? It’s like solid ground, it makes the action look really false and unrealistic. 

So that's a way better direction for MyCareer than that slow moving pain in the ass they had last year. Just make it crazy, have actual interactions with characters in the WWE universe instead of that "one size fits all, talk to anyone but they all say the same shit" way that they were doing things last year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liam Mk2 said:

But is Nikki Cross in?

I KEEP CALLING HER NIKKI STORM AND I DON'T KNOW WHY AHHHH!! I never even knew who she was before she signed with WWE! It's just a name that rolls so much better of the tongue.