WWE 2K19

Owen

I'm hoping some more pleasant surprises come out of this in general - I like that they've talked about going too far in the direction of simulation but at the same time, I feel like the increased speed of their gameplay just looks like sped up animations... which is a god send in and of itself, but if that's all that it is, it's just not enough to make playing the matches fun to me again. And then when they do useless stuff like Big Head mode and Minecraft bodies and say that it's part of bringing it away from simulation again.. I just feel like they miss the point a bit.

• Like 1

Why can't they ever get the SmackDown fist stage correct? It used to be that one of the titantrons would display as a minitron instead, but now? Both of them display as a minitron! Why did they make it WORSE??

A quick Googling says a rooker is a tool used to sweep ashes out of a wood-burning oven.

So obviously he's just showing his fondness for baking.

25 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Does this mean that superstar attire is now customizable in a way that doesn't eat up a CAW slot? Does everyone have more than 1 slot? Or did you just wanna show us King Booker?

I am afraid that I have no idea.

What I can tell you however is that I once had 1,000+ wrestlers on Fire Pro World. :shifty:

Had the chance to give this a play from a friend who picked up the deluxe edition - I have to bite my tongue a bit on the gameplay, it isn't just sped up animations it actually does feel entirely different and fluent due to the changes made and there are little things like strikes/running attacks not effecting guys like Braun the way they used to, takes a lot more to get them off their feet.

First match I tested with was 8 guys in the ring - and everything ran smoothly with no slow down at any point. I am playing on the One X mind you, but I tried 2K18 on it when I got it and while it was better - there was still slowdown after a while. Also saw some of the Career mode and as hokey as it is, it's a welcome change as well.

29 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I am anxious for this to drop to sub $20 so I can try it

I'm in the same boat. It sounds like enough has been done with Universe to make it worth an upgrade from 2k18, but definitely not at full price. I wish there was some kind of discount you could get on annual titles if you have the previous year's version installed digitally on your console. $20 off the newest version if you buy it pre-release or in the first week... something like that. Shit, they can even take my digital license for the old game.

12 minutes ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

Only thing I haven't gotten into is Universe yet - this might end up being a purchase for me.

I'm trying to think of a fun way to draft rosters.

One of my favorite ways to do it is to choose a specific identity for each show... and then randomly select the first superstar and assign them to the show that makes the most sense. When I do it this way, I set limits on how many wrestlers end up on each brand, so if RAW is strictly about WWE homegrown stars for my game, then when I hit my limit, even if John Cena comes up as the next selection, I have to put him with one of the other brands.

I feel like this year will be pretty easy. RAW, SmackDown, 205 Live, NXT, NXT UK and a Legends show will give me 6 different options specifically just for WWE. This is probably how I would set it up to begin:

RAW - homegrown WWE talent.

SmackDown - Indy Based Talent that didn't go through NXT.

NXT - All-Time NXT Roster

NXT UK - Any talents who've worked extensively in the UK

205 Live - Cruiserweights Only

Legends Show - Retired Workers Only