WWE 2K19

Owen

29 minutes ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

Starcade 83 comes to mind, and then anything involved in the DB Showcase like Velocity '03.

Although you can't use Starrcade 83 in Universe Mode for some reason, and Velocity '03 arena's titantrons act as minitrons instead. I swear WWE games are full of these little issues that I find on release day every year. Hopefully these things get patched soon, although they are only minor annoyances.

9 hours ago, Brody said:

There's a Tokyo Dome arena and an Arena Mexico arena that you apparently can't use outside of MyPlayer mode.

You can use them, just not in Create-an-arena mode.

9 hours ago, Brody said:

There's a Tokyo Dome arena and an Arena Mexico arena that you apparently can't use outside of MyPlayer mode.

There are arenas in Mexico and Japan that you can use outside for sure, Japan even has specific clapping reactions instead of cheering.

10 hours ago, Owen said:

Although you can't use Starrcade 83 in Universe Mode for some reason, and Velocity '03 arena's titantrons act as minitrons instead. I swear WWE games are full of these little issues that I find on release day every year. Hopefully these things get patched soon, although they are only minor annoyances.

Yeah it's the frustrating bit every year - because there's other little things that are new like cheer/boo loudness sliders per wrestler, side plates, random colors for quick alt attires, etc that are neat small additions.

• Like 1

So I just lost a match to Curt Hawkins... oops.

also table matches are annoying because you usually have to fill the 'table meter' to be able to put them through tables... but then sometimes the tables just break anyway without the meter being filled, which is kinda nice because it allows for a surprise victory but also a pain because why implement the system if it doesn't really work?

• Haha 2

Just now, Owen said:

So I just lost a match to Curt Hawkins... oops.

also table matches are annoying because you usually have to fill the 'table meter' to be able to put them through tables... but then sometimes the tables just break anyway without the meter being filled, which is kinda nice because it allows for a surprise victory but also a pain because why implement the system if it doesn't really work?

At last, his losing streak has come to an end!

Just played an absolutely incredible match. Jeff Hardy (US champ) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Andrade Almas, and god damn it was good. 4.5 stars, and it ended when I hit Jeff (playing as Dream) with the Purple Rainmaker, Almas gets me in a grapple, and Nakamura steals the pin for the three. So damn good. Everyone had hit at least 2 or 3 finishers each by the end of it, and I'd hit my finisher maybe 3 or 4 times and each time it'd get broken up at 2.999.

Just had another ridiculous match on 205 Live, Noam Dar (me) vs. Akira Tozawa and I don't know if Tozawa's finisher is for some reason easier to reverse than others, but he never successfully hit to, and I reversed it five times, and he reversed my signature twice.

I think 205 Live in Universe Mode (the default roster with Chad Gable and Rey Mysterio) is the most fun I've had playing a WWE game in years. Love that cruiserweight stuff. Seems like diving finishers are really easy to reverse this year, though. Reversed Mustafa Ali's finisher 3 times as Rey Mysterio, but it took me 4(!) finishers to finally put Ali down.

3 minutes ago, Owen said:

I think 205 Live in Universe Mode (the default roster with Chad Gable and Rey Mysterio) is the most fun I've had playing a WWE game in years. Love that cruiserweight stuff. Seems like diving finishers are really easy to reverse this year, though. Reversed Mustafa Ali's finisher 3 times as Rey Mysterio, but it took me 4(!) finishers to finally put Ali down.

Are the default rosters all out of whack, or did they just place inactive (at the time) workers on random shows?

14 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Are the default rosters all out of whack, or did they just place inactive (at the time) workers on random shows?

Oh, no, that's just me being bad at writing lol. I added Gable & Mysterio to the roster myself! I think the only real difference from reality in Universe Mode is that Rousey is a free agent, but I guess that's because she's DLC.

I did the entirely random rosters - 30 on RAW and 30 on Smackdown then I made a four man stable for each using random.

Adam Cole heads up the new Undisputed Era consisting of him and Matt Hardy with the tag team being AJ Styles and Tyler Breeze.

Goldust took over the Wyatt Family apparently, renamed it the Golden Family and his underlings are Daniel Bryan with that team's tag being Bray and Jack Gallagher.

Living and dying by the rando, man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

I did the entirely random rosters - 30 on RAW and 30 on Smackdown then I made a four man stable for each using random.

Adam Cole heads up the new Undisputed Era consisting of him and Matt Hardy with the tag team being AJ Styles and Tyler Breeze.

Goldust took over the Wyatt Family apparently, renamed it the Golden Family and his underlings are Daniel Bryan with that team's tag being Bray and Jack Gallagher.

Living and dying by the rando, man.

Ha, yup I'm doing a similar thing in Universe, but making it entirely random, which includes the brands and the championships that defended on each brand. Somehow, I ended up with precisely zero women's titles. I ended up making 5 brands, and their names are based on the logos that I randomised:

NXT (just the NXT '10 logo):
Eagle (some clip art image of an eagle)
Mexico (Mexican flag, with the watermark image being the Indian flag)
ECW championship (it's an image of the silver ECW title)
Backlash (Backlash '18 PPV logo)

It's so damn stupid. I love it.

Also, I'm already up to 20 hours of playtime in 2K19. I only got 24 hours total in 2K18. This is such a marked improvement on last year's game, in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Dammit, so the one year I finally resist buying this at launch... its actually good? 

No shame in that. As a rule, it's a good idea not to buy games at launch, especially annual releases with patchy success rates. If, based on player recommendations, you decide to pick it up now, you've lost nothing.

• Like 1