WWE 2K19

Owen

Some models are vastly improved, Bayley being one of them - some stayed the same though and yikes. Is crowd noise also a bit better? Also, it was like this last year - but Corey Graves lines when they come down to the ring are quite a bit better than the ones Cole used to do solely by himself. They sound natural, although they're going to repeat after a while.

Also good god. "Making his way to the ring, Kairi Sane"

11 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

On one hand, MyCareer looks like it could be fun.
On the other hand, loot boxes.
On a third hand, if I pick this up I'm getting it on PC :shifty:

I can't find a source right now, but 2K have confirmed loot boxes will work the same way as the last game, without microtransactions.

2K also told a couple YouTubers (DenkOps I believe was one of them) that 'if they could've', Ciampa, Cross and Kendrick would be in the game in a heartbeat. I suppose there were external factors preventing their inclusion, but I really can't think of what that would mean.

Also, this:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Apsham said:

Yeah - I really just look at stuff like that and see a total waste of time. They'll put resources into that, but not fixing the announcing of women as men for the umpteenth year in a row?

Yeah, it's odd, that. It personally doesn't bother me that much, but I can understand why it would affect others. If it really is that difficult to make the announcer say 'her' instead of 'his'... (I can't imagine it really is that difficult, though) why not change it so the announcer says 'making their way to the ring'...? Was it just a complete oversight? Something they forgot was an issue? It's just strange that this is still a problem and they didn't fix it with a patch or anything in 2K18 either.

I just don't see how it happens from a programming perspective. You have the ability to determine between male and female wrestlers - so in theory it should be as simple as saying "if wrestler is a female, use the her soundclip" and I don't really know how that could get messed up. But yeah, making their way to the ring is common verbiage (maybe not for JoJo?) so I don't know why they didn't just go with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Confirmed that there are no unlockables for completing Towers mode at all.  So it’s effectively pointless.

I image if there unlockables, people would have complained.

Edit: I need to add that if one were to think the Towers Mode in WWE 2K19 is pointless, did they also think the Towers Mode in Mortal Kombat was pointless. The difference between the two is that in WWE 2k19 you can advance with the damage you took from the previous match.

It is to test yourself, to see how far you can get. It harkens back to the Slobberknocker Match. There weren't unlockables in that, yet many found that match fun.

Just saying, that no matter what Yukes or 2k.do, they will be knocked for.something. put unlockables in the game and people will complain that they have to unlock them. Don't, and people will complain that it is pointless to play, because there aren't any unlockables.

Ciampa not being in is a legit complaint, but others are just stupid complaints, in my opinion.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH