WWE 2K19

Owen

I’ve played a bit of it, and I’m pleasantly surprised at the gameplay improvements. Finally they have brought back the feeling of impact to moves, as in the wrestlers really slam to the mat whereas in 2K18 everything felt so flat and weak. It feels much closer to the ‘12/‘13 games now which is definitely a good thing. 

In the few matches I played, I didn’t see many bugs apart from one where the referee got stuck running into the ropes. 

I had a quick play around in the creation suite too, and they’ve added a random button to completely randomise a custom wrestler which is great and only takes a second or two. As well as that, the random colour picker is good. 

Might pick it up when it goes on sale. 

Doing a mostly randomised universe with teams left intact until I decide it's time for a random draft then they may split. I've been playing on legend because well I always do but boy is the AI too good at reversing finishers just had a match on Takeover Chicago between Aiden English and Big Boss Man that took 30 minutes.

This Takeover card is decent

Aiden English vs Big Boss Man

Oney Lorcan vs Sin Cara vs Drew Gulak to crown the first cruiserweight CHAMPION

Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles

Asuka vs Ember Moon NXT Womens Title

Pete Dunne vs British Bulldog UK Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler NXT Title

Main event is The Usos vs The Revival NXT TAG titles Falls count anywhere

Edited by theshadow

38 minutes ago, theshadow said:

Doing a mostly randomised universe with teams left intact until I decide it's time for a random draft then they may split. I've been playing on legend because well I always do but boy is the AI too good at reversing finishers just had a match on Takeover Chicago between Aiden English and Big Boss Man that took 30 minutes.

So you're saying you had a Hard Time?

• Like 3

ok yeah, diving finishers are waaaaaaaaaaay too easy to reverse. I've reversed like 6 or 7 diving finishers in my current match alone, and my AI opponent has probably reversed just as many.

26 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

How do you use the accelerator to unlock all the extra legends and whatnot? I pre ordered Deluxe and didn't see the option. I also don't have Rousey or Rey.

You have to go to the VC purchasables section on the main menu (I think it's under the store tab?) and click the 'unlock everything' button when it gives you the option.

2 hours ago, Owen said:

ok yeah, diving finishers are waaaaaaaaaaay too easy to reverse. I've reversed like 6 or 7 diving finishers in my current match alone, and my AI opponent has probably reversed just as many.

The prompt stays up a looooong time. I play 2-player against my girlfriend and she's already amazing with the timings for reversals from the start, but most top rope moves leave a window wide open.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spooky Scary Apsham said:

The prompt stays up a looooong time. I play 2-player against my girlfriend and she's already amazing with the timings for reversals from the start, but most top rope moves leave a window wide open.

Is there a slider to change that?

A friend of mine sent me a download code for the game, which was an awesome surprise.

The career mode has been fun so far. I'm loving that there's an actual story, and it's made for a much more enjoyable experience than previous games. Something I'd like to see them do next year, if they can, is sign on some independent wrestlers to populate the career mode. Especially because I'd love to be able to extend the non-NXT/WWE part of that. Obviously, the goal will be to get there, but I think it would be awesome if you could do it in a variety of different ways... like impressing WWE early on and signing with NXT, putting the work in from the ground up... or becoming an independent sensation, holding championships and wrestling around the world, and then making it to NXT as one of their lauded faces in the crowd, where you get interjected into a big story right away because of your past success.

The commentary in showcase mode is super inconsistent, it's ridiculous. The commentary is mainly showcase match-specific but then someone goes into regular game commentary and you get stuff like Michael Cole berating NXT-era Bryan for 10 minutes and then going 'Daniel Bryan is the future of WWE, he has to win!' and then the entire team discussing how Bryan won the match that you're currently playing and then the next 5 years of his feud with The Miz. I don't remember this being an issue in the showcase mode in other games.

1 minute ago, BuddyAwesome said:

If anyone doesn't play Supercard and wants to send some QR codes my way I won't complain :)

Um, me too! I am highly active, yet didn't have the monies to complete my preorder.

Will be most appreciative!

From what I’ve played, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of new (and enthusiastically delivered!) lines on commentary, especially during ring entrances. Although I’m pretty sure it’ll get repetitive after a while, to be expected though. 

Then I heard some of the buggy stuff, for example, I was playing as TM-61 against the Street Profits and Corey Graves started waffling about The Bar/Hardys tag title feud for about 3 minutes. 

51 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

From what I’ve played, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of new (and enthusiastically delivered!) lines on commentary, especially during ring entrances. Although I’m pretty sure it’ll get repetitive after a while, to be expected though. 

Then I heard some of the buggy stuff, for example, I was playing as TM-61 against the Street Profits and Corey Graves started waffling about The Bar/Hardys tag title feud for about 3 minutes. 

The repetition of the line about Barry Horowitz vs Skip is the one that's worst I've heard at least 4 times a show and sometimes multiple times a match

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Does anybody know if characters can be edited so that they qualify as Cruiserweights if they aren't already? I don't have the PS4 on right now, so I can't go in and check...and I'm making up my rosters for Universe on my computer.

Na, you can't edit things like height and weight in the game, unfortunately. I imagine it's possible through mods on PC but that'd be the only way to do it without creating a CAW with the actual wrestler as a base (if you can even height and weight then?), I think.

An easy fix for that is to download or create an CW title belt and just remove the restrictions. That way you can have dudes like Sami fighting for it.