UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you and Sheryl on the upcoming birth of your son, Lucas Tobes Mann.

You should be made MP for the environment because your recycling is incredible

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's even bigger than what Liverpool did last night for me. They knew what they had to do, and we all knew they were fully capable of blitzing anyone, especially at home, and had 90 minutes to do it. Spurs tonight were 1-0 down going in to the match, and ended up needing to get three goals in 45 minutes, away from home, and they fucking did it. Mental.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Perspective though: we are shit at finals and Liverpool are the overwhelming favourites.

Klopp has never won a final and Spurs are Spurs. This might end up -0  -0

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

The meltdown on r/gunners is quite hilarious tbf.

Gunnarsaurus Rex getting ploughed by a massive Spurs cock. eral.

• Like 1

This has been so fucking wonderful as a neutral. How many times this tournament have Spurs stared elimination right in the face shrugged it off?

I do feel bad for Ajax, I feel like it's once every 20 years they have that many good, young talented players assembled at the same time. They'll keep churning out the next world class talents but to have them all there for one season seemed like this was their one shot at European glory. Would have been nice to make the final a triple threat match.

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

This has been so fucking wonderful as a neutral. How many times this tournament have Spurs stared elimination right in the face shrugged it off?

I do feel bad for Ajax, I feel like it's once every 20 years they have that many good, young talented players assembled at the same time. They'll keep churning out the next world class talents but to have them all there for one season seemed like this was their one shot at European glory. Would have been nice to make the final a triple threat match.

It is a funny old game.

In all seriousness though, what a brilliant achievement by Spurs. Just seen the highlights, Moura is magic! Every time he puts in one of these performances I think back to when they signed him, @Lineker saying on here that he would be able to show what he's capable of the following season because he'd been signed in January, don't expect much at first. Well he wasn't wrong, brilliant stuff. The second goal, it's a mess from Ajax's perspective but Moura's feet and then the finish are breathtaking. The winner is superbly well taken too. Harry Kane has played no part in any of this either. Although by the manner of him sprinting across the pitch at FT tonight I expect he'll play a part in the final.

I'd seen it was 2-0 to Ajax, went to record a podcast (cheap plug: Sunderland's Roker Report, Play Off special), then at the end the host asked if we'd seen the Spurs score. Unreal. I think it's a better achievement than Liverpool last night in all honesty, but of course both were special efforts.

This is a magnificent achievement and I am really pleased for Mauricio Pochettino. I really am happy to see them succeeding in Europe, although I am disappointed for Ajax and the fact we won't get to see what surely would have been an absolutely storming final between Liverpool and Ajax. Still, an English team will lift the European Cup once again and I couldn't be happier about that. Can't wait for the final.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam said:

In all seriousness though, what a brilliant achievement by Spurs. Just seen the highlights, Moura is magic! Every time he puts in one of these performances I think back to when they signed him, @Lineker saying on here that he would be able to show what he's capable of the following season because he'd been signed in January, don't expect much at first. Well he wasn't wrong, brilliant stuff. The second goal, it's a mess from Ajax's perspective but Moura's feet and then the finish are breathtaking. The winner is superbly well taken too. Harry Kane has played no part in any of this either. Although by the manner of him sprinting across the pitch at FT tonight I expect he'll play a part in the final. 

This is a magnificent achievement and I am really pleased for Mauricio Pochettino. I really am happy to see them succeeding in Europe, although I am disappointed for Ajax and the fact we won't get to see what surely would have been an absolutely storming final between Liverpool and Ajax. Still, an English team will lift the European Cup once again and I couldn't be happier about that. Can't wait for the final. 

The real winner? Football.