UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I don't really get the Di Maria hate either tbh.

I was wondering about that as well. I can't remember, did he leave under bad terms or are they just booing him because he was a bit shit while he was there?

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Seems like as good a time as any to mention the cunt that threw that bottle last night. Ban the prick for life.

I don't really get the Di Maria hate either tbh.

I was querying this with a United supporting friend last night. It was when he went over to take a corner, the United fans looked so angry with him and I didn’t get it.

Could it be some frustrated United fans acting out because he was a big money signing and he didn't single handedly turn United back into premiership contenders? "You are representative of our 'dark days'  in the lower half of the top 6 so we must boo you vociferously" 😁

You sometimes see it in a lot of sports where fans lash out at a big signing for not living up to their personal fan standards.

30 minutes ago, Molly said:

Could it be some frustrated United fans acting out because he was a big money signing and he didn't single handedly turn United back into premiership contenders? "You are representative of our 'dark days'  in the lower half of the top 6 so we must boo you vociferously" 😁

You sometimes see it in a lot of sports where fans lash out at a big signing for not living up to their personal fan standards.

I'd find it highly suspicious if a Man United fan knew the word 'vociferous'.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I was querying this with a United supporting friend last night. It was when he went over to take a corner, the United fans looked so angry with him and I didn’t get it.

It's basically because he was a "flop". But he was one of many players who was rarely in his preferred position under LVG.

Then his house got broken in to (possibly with his missus and child there at the time...?) so understandably he couldn't settle and asked to leave.

What a twat.

22 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

Jose would've lost 2-0 with a much worse performance.

Define worse. From a biased point of view I'd have pretty much enjoyed it...but alas football can be cruel and take away a Mourinho led United away from me :(

Tbf to United, they just came up against a team who were better on the day ans there's nothing wrong with that Thought a small section of fans were lapping up no Neymar and Cavani but I thought Di Maria had a good game and Mbappe showed why he's a brilliant player.

Don't think it helped how different the refs are domestically and in European competitions as they can be very trigger happy with cards but that's nothing out of the ordinary. 

We had the same issue away from home to them. On their day, they're a really good team. But you can catch them on off days. Will take a brilliant performance and a bit of luck but definitely not out of the tie yet. 

• Like 2

It was an even first half and you could see they were worried about our pace up front, even starting with a back 5. But losing two of them around HT completely changed it, and in the second half it was a case of when, not if, they'd score.

I'll more than likely watch Spurs v Dortmund tonight. That should have goals in it.