UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

Haven't seen it, but is this "clear and obvious error" vs "is there any reason I shouldn't give a goal" again?

That was amazing. Looked like Ederson was running in to defuse a ruck, actually flies in and ends up being the only one booked. Angry man.

I think in real time there didn't look to be much there, he had his arm on Chiellini for sure but Chiellini also *really* fell down to a borderline dramatic degree. If you have to slow it down that much to see some form of a push I just don't think a foul should be called.

I think Atletico probably should feel good with 2-0 all said though. Juventus will need to score which will leave them exposed a bit at the back, if Atleti can hold firm for the earlier parts of the 2nd leg they could easily get an away goal and that will likely seal the deal.

11 hours ago, Colly said:

That was amazing. Looked like Ederson was running in to defuse a ruck, actually flies in and ends up being the only one booked. Angry man.

Ederson: 0 saves, 1 assist, yellow card.

MOTM for me, Clive. 

On 20/02/2019 at 17:17, Colly said:

Fuck off Peter Walton. Talking such bullshit.

The fact that this was supposed to reduce the debate on refereeing decisions is fucking hilarious. That said I think that's a foul by Morata.

You can make the argument either way for sure. My gripe is in a situation like that, where neither is right and neither is wrong, how can they justify overturning the call from what it was initially on the field? It's just turning into nonsense NFL instant replay at that point and if you want to see the entire United States feels about that just google "NFL instant replay".

If you'll go back a few pages you'll see that I'm in full agreement. Obvious errors that could be cleared up in a minute is the perfect use for it, marginal nonsense calls certainly aren't, and I genuinely don't think football fans were ever bothered about those in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Poch is moaning that Dortmund got an extra 24hrs to prepare for their 2nd leg as the German FA moved their league match to last Friday night. 

While I agree that the English FA could do more at times to accommodate their clubs, there wasn't a lot they could do here. They had a league game against Chelsea last Wednesday night, so surely Poch didn't want to play the NLD just two nights later?

7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Poch is moaning that Dortmund got an extra 24hrs to prepare for their 2nd leg as the German FA moved their league match to last Friday night. 

Rennes FC had their match postponed completely so they could be fresh for their match with Arsenal!

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

While I agree that the English FA could do more at times to accommodate their clubs, there wasn't a lot they could do here. They had a league game against Chelsea last Wednesday night, so surely Poch didn't want to play the NLD just two nights later?

He's being ridiculous. If Spurs had played Arsenal at 4.15pm Sunday, then maybe I'd be inclined to agree but in this specific instance, come on. Spurs played in the Saturday lunch time game, the earliest available slot for the PL this weekend. They have a 3-0 lead over Dortmund already, just get on with it.

50 minutes ago, Adam said:

He's being ridiculous. If Spurs had played Arsenal at 4.15pm Sunday, then maybe I'd be inclined to agree but in this specific instance, come on. Spurs played in the Saturday lunch time game, the earliest available slot for the PL this weekend. They have a 3-0 lead over Dortmund already, just get on with it.

This is my thinking.

And if it was put back even further to the Friday night, that'd be two days between two London derbies. 

Bale brought on earlier following an injury to Vasquez

Positive for Ajax is negating the away goals. Hopefully they can get another. Madrid look here for the taking.