UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

Just now, Adam said:

Nothing will beat that Kenedy penalty this decade.

Honestly, I don't know what I prefer. Really amazing games of football because of skill and ability or really terrible games of football because both teams are comically shit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MDK said:

Honestly, I don't know what I prefer. Really amazing games of football because of skill and ability or really terrible games of football because both teams are comically shit.

The rule for me is, drama trumps all. So it can be 90 minutes of dirge but then if something incredible happens at the end, it's into that upper echelon. Hence I agree on that Cardiff/Newcastle game.

This was clearly just batshit from minute one til the end. Tremendous stuff.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

The rule for me is, drama trumps all.

Yep, I was just thinking about that the other day with the golf. I hate golf but Tiger winning was incredible. I love the drama!

ilhUux7.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Oh my arsehole we are through. Jesus bloody Christ. Absolute Spursiest way to progress!!!

Always <_<

Tbf, if this was gonna be Spursy you would have bottled that :shifty:

Fair play Tottenham, fully deserved! I had a feeling when the draw was made that they could advance! Yous will definitely never forget this game. Enjoy it!

Hope Ajax beat yous....

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

That game was insane. For me it is either this or Newcastle vs Cardiff for game of the season.

Ah, a man of culture, I see.

The first half was so mental that I spent most of it doing other stuff on the laptop and just listening to it while BT Sport ran on a tab.

The second half was on while my wife and I ate dinner and so we were watching TV. So I flicked off the screen when City went 4-2 up. Then through a FB update saw we'd just scored so flicked back to it.

Then turned it off, utterly gutted, when Sterling scored the 5th and didn't know it had been ruled out for a few minutes, so put it back on for the last few mins.

I just couldn't bear it. It was the most stressful football watching experience I've had in a long time.

But now onto Ajax, my favourite non-Tottenham team (and they have been for almost as long as I've supported Spurs) and that could be a quality semi too.

Tottenham were 12 minutes away from being eliminated by PSV Eindhoven after four group games.

• Like 2