UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

• Admin

Lionel Messi broke down in tears after his dream of winning the Champions League for a fifth time with Barcelona collapsed against Liverpool.

The Argentina international was inconsolable in the Barcelona dressing room following the 4-0 defeat at Anfield, where the Spanish champions were on the receiving end of an incredible comeback in Europe for the second season running, having won the first leg 3-0 at the Camp Nou. Last season in the quarter-finals Barça beat Roma 4-1 at home but collapsed in the away leg to lose 3-0 in Rome and go out on away goals.

Messi was then selected for a drugs test by anti-doping officials and the team coach departed for Liverpool John Lennon Airport without him as a consequence.

Reports in the Spanish media have claimed that, on his eventual arrival at the airport, Messi was involved in an angry confrontation with a group of Barcelona supporters furious at their team’s latest collapse in the Champions League.

Barcelona’s president, Josep Bartomeu, described the defeat as a “disastrous night” for the club and the manager, Ernesto Valverde, accepted questions would be asked of his future following another European failure.

Still plenty of time to get two. Very doable. Get a goal before 60 minutes and it'll be a nervy final 30. 

I want Ajax to go through only because I don't want to be involved in an all English final...I wouldn't mind if it was other teams but no way could I face the prospect of potentially getting beat by another English side in the final 

12 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I want Ajax to go through only because I don't want to be involved in an all English final...I wouldn't mind if it was other teams but no way could I face the prospect of potentially getting beat by another English side in the final  

I'm really torn about it. On one hand an all EPL final is great and it will add a bit of spice to the match as long as UEFA pick a good ref for the game. But on the other hand I love the thought of Ajax winning the whole damn thing.

• Like 2

Yeah same, especially if Chelsea and Arsenal go through tomorrow. Ajax winning it though with this side before it gets completely gutted in the Summer would be wonderful.

25 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Didn't fancy a trip to Madrid anyway :crying:

If it makes you feel any better, pricing it up without a ticket is getting up to 1000 quid atm. 

That and theres only gonna be a 16k allocation 

Gonna be weird going into the final as favourites whoever we end up playing. 

11 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If it makes you feel any better, pricing it up without a ticket is getting up to 1000 quid atm. 

That and theres only gonna be a 16k allocation 

Gonna be weird going into the final as favourites whoever we end up playing. 

25 quid to see two finals at Wembley. One team has Kevin Lisbie and another team used to have Kevin Lisbie.

The one thing I can take from all this is that I really hope they don't change the format of the Champions League. 

It's perfect now and the most entertaining competition in the world.

• Like 1