UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Mountain to climb for Spurs in the group now. Positive result required against Barca next.

I wouldn't call it a mountain yet. If it was the home game today I'd say sure, but not at the San Siro. They will have to show up and get positive results in the home games with Barca and Inter but they should feel capable of doing that.

One of the guys on Football Weekly made a good point about PSG and Neymar. Its ironic that he wants to be the main man and win the CL for PSG and himself but because PSG bought him they wont win with that team because they can't strengthen the defence.

PSG are a weird team. I've never seen Neymar play before but he's kinda like a more talented Ryan Babel. He runs a lot  but didn't seem to do much.

@Baddar

Oh I was there :pervert:

I thought we played really well. This is a team that just works for each other on the pitch. Milner and Wijnaldum were fantastic. 

Salah played that ball a few times and gave it away so wasn't surprised we conceded from that goal. Didn't think much of PSG though. 

There number 3, Mbappe and Rabiot had a good game but Neymar just ran? And that was it. 

Ref was garbage. He had to give the pen as it was so blatant but I'm not sure why we had one ruled out? Couldn't really tell where I was. 

Also although their fans were loud they are absolute gobshites. Throwing stuff at players, trying to fight stewards at the end....

3 points, good performance, another "memorable European night at anfield" TM 

Sturridge went right into Areola's balls with his foot. I'm not tremendously sure there was much anyone could do about it.

I thought Rabiot looked an awful lot like a young David Ginola.

The commentary for the disallowed goal was horrific, just Mcmanamanamanaman ranting on about how long the decision took rather than focusing on the fact it was the correct decision. 

Well deserved for Liverpool though, PSG were dogshit. 

Also, lol, Areola. 

29 minutes ago, Colly said:

The commentary for the disallowed goal was horrific, just Mcmanamanamanaman ranting on about how long the decision took rather than focusing on the fact it was the correct decision. 

Well deserved for Liverpool though, PSG were dogshit. 

Also, lol, Areola. 

I thought the exact same thing, it was getting on my tits. As you said, it was the correct decision, how about focus on that and be done with it?

Yeah, Studge got the ball first, but he clearly nuts Areola on the follow through. The PSG opener never should've stood though. Cavani was definitely offside and comes back to try and win that cross. We were clearly the better side, and deserved the victory. Thankfully we didn't Spurs it!

I heard they analysed Salah throwing a water bottle on the floor as part of a celebration on the bench and was trying to say he's sulking. 

BT is garbage like.

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Wasn't Trent? offside in the buildup to the first goal too? They showed it once then glossed over it. 

BT Sport is shit isn't it. 

I think Gini might have been before Trent's cross on the first goal, but it was glossed over on the American broadcast as well. So, like any good manager, I can only say, "I didn't see the incident" 😛

17 hours ago, MDK said:

One of the guys on Football Weekly made a good point about PSG and Neymar. Its ironic that he wants to be the main man and win the CL for PSG and himself but because PSG bought him they wont win with that team because they can't strengthen the defence.

They'll never win the Champions League anyway because the uncompetitiveness of Ligue Un doesn't prepare them for the challenge of the Champions League. You could see it all through the game last night, simple mistakes, bad habits and lazy play that you can get away with when you're tonking barely Championship standard Nimes and Amiens 5-0 every week because you're not getting punished for those mistakes. How many times last night did Liverpool play out from the back and the PSG front three was stood forty yards away from their midfield, watching them play through them under zero pressure?

They're just a more expensive Celtic.

• Like 3

More expensive Celtic was exactly what I was going to post before I scrolled down... 

Realistically rather than in investing in their own team the owners would be better off giving £50m a season to the other teams in the league.