UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

I'm not sure how long this can continue. The players clearly are not giving 100% and the majority don't seem to want to play for Mourinho.

Manchester United can boast an attack of Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba, Fred, Juan Mata, Jesse Lindgard yet somehow they are absolute dross to watch. The majority of those individually at least, are quick, skilful and unpredictable attacking players that manage to look so ordinary.

I have mentioned it a few times, but watching them play, they are constantly not pushing enough players forward and to be honest, it looks as though they're afraid of doing so out of fear of a negative reaction from the manager. When you are Manchester United and are playing at Old Trafford you attack the opposition from minute one and you don't stop until you score the first goal. That is the Manchester United that I have watched for years and years and years. This Manchester United is completely unrecognisable, with no vision and no identity, and this is coming from a guy that cannot stand the club.

Give the job to Eddie Howe and he would get more out of them at this point than Mourinho would. The football they are playing at the moment is almost as bad, if not worse than van Gaal's brand of play.

That being said, long may it continue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Give the job to Eddie Howe and he would get more out of them at this point than Mourinho would. The football they are playing at the moment is almost as bad, if not worse than van Gaal's brand of play.

Nope, give it to Arsene. Plays attacking football and loves young talent. Perfect.

1 minute ago, MDK said:

Nope, give it to Arsene. Plays attacking football and loves young talent. Perfect.

It's funny you should say that as one of my United supporting friends has been calling for United to just give Wenger the job until the end of the season for a few weeks now. :lol:

Personally, I would be very sad if Wenger ended up there in any capacity.

12 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

It's funny you should say that as one of my United supporting friends has been calling for United to just give Wenger the job until the end of the season for a few weeks now. :lol:

Personally, I would be very sad if Wenger ended up there in any capacity.

But imagine this: Arsene goes to United, Sir Alex comes out of retirement to be the DoF and it turns into one of those buddy comedies when two old guys who hate eachother but have a begrudging respect have to team up to save the day.

• Haha 2

If we draw this game we've been very lucky. Prior to the game I would have been a bit disappointed in a draw but after watching this I'd be made up 

We've played so poor. If Napoli had a better final ball or finish they would have tonked us here.

Numerous poor performances. Definetly need to step it up over the weekend