UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

Napoli deserve the win. The front three were terrible all around, and the midfield was really really bad. Gini was anonymous and Hendo did nothing. Trent and Robbo couldn't pass, no one could keep possession. It's as simple as we deserved to lose. Hopefully it's a wake up call for the weekend

Edited by It's Pronounced Zoom-E

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

French authorities are reportedly investigating claims of match-fixing surrounding a Champions League game between Paris Saint-Germain and Red Star Belgrade after Uefa warned them of a possible manipulation of the result.

L’Equipe newspaper reports that a Red Star official is suspected of betting €5m (£4.4m) on Red Star losing by five goals. PSG won the Group C game 6-1.

France’s financial prosecutor’s office declined to comment on the report. According to L’Equipe, the prosecutor’s office was alerted by Uefa days before the 3 October game at the Parc des Princes.

ARJEL, the body in charge of regulating online gambling in France, told the newspaper it did not notice any suspicious bets on the game.

A Uefa spokesperson said: “Uefa never comments on potential, or the existence of, investigations into alleged match-fixing as to not compromise the process of such investigations.

“Uefa only communicates on specific cases/matches once disciplinary proceedings have been opened and/or decisions have been taken. Decisions taken by Uefa’s disciplinary bodies related to match-fixing are listed here.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the best last three seconds of a football game I've ever seen. Ronaldo smashes a football into Lingard's knackers who collapses, whistle goes, Ronaldo pumps the air in celebration. Amazing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

That's the best last three seconds of a football game I've ever seen. Ronaldo smashes a football into Lingard's knackers who collapses, whistle goes, Ronaldo pumps the air in celebration. Amazing. 

Meanwhile Mourinho is waving three fingers in the air, presumably not related to the amount of home wins this season (currently stands at 2).

A while ago I remember reading about a challenge in FM. You had to get Man U relegated without cheating and without getting the sack and you had to do it by lowering expectations every season.

I reckon Jose can do it.

• Like 1