NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

I can totally see Klay and Curry just flip flopping the 3pt record for shits and giggles at this point, because despite shooting a ridiculous amounts of threes Klay looked like he wasn't particularly working his ass off, those two are just such insanely gifted shooters that they make the absurd like ordinary.

Also, Luka Doncic had his first 30+ game against the Spurs, and in many ways he's subverted the expectations I had for him. I honestly never expected him to have this high scoring output this early in his career, and making smart shots whilst staying aggressive and looking to get inside too. People called him slow, and in a way he's slow, but he's managed to break down multiple athletic stars in the past few weeks when he was given an iso play, that stepback of him is unreal too for a guy his size and build.

Also, his main draft point was his passing game, but that one's actually a bit dissapointing. He's still looking for his passing rhythm on offense and throws the ball away as much as he sets up his teammates, granted, a few of them have really let him down when he found them in the perfect spot (*looks at Wes Matthews*). But I think that's mostly a case of him getting to know who he plays with, seeing he missed the summer league and a part of the training camp due to being rested, I feel that's just something that'll be an if rather than a when.

But yeah, Luka is unreal. He's even more mature than I expected, and he's blown me away as a scoring player becoming the Mavs number one scoring option at age 19 on a team that has a bunch of very capable scorers in DSJ, Wes Matthews, and Barnes (granted the last one is still shaking off a lot of rust).

Also, shout out to DeAndre Jordan who is already becoming the best center the Mavs ever had, 14 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks a game on average in the first 7 games. And the biggest shock is upping his FT% by a massive 23.3% to become a .813 FT shooter, unreal turnaround for a guy that two seasons ago was prime 'hack a shaq'.

20 hours ago, Pooker said:

At this point, I think him, Curry, and Durant are just toying with teams that dont really provide a challenge to them. I expect Durant to go off for 50 soon. At some point this year, I bet two of them will get 50 in one game. I kinda hope that at one point, all three of them try to get 50.

And at the end of the year, both Durant and Klay are leaving and the Golden State destiny will be over.

Durant is gone, but I expect Klay to stick around. He's got a good thing in Golden State. Durant wants the money that won't be there with the Warriors. I could see the Warriors making a move for someone, but if all these stars wind up scattered about the league and Curry/Klay/Green stick around with some savvy free agent moves they'll still be very tough to beat.

Klay has also said that he wants to get paid. Not sure what the Warriors cap situation is like, but they will have to choose between them. And I can easily see the Warriors trying to keep Durant and losing Klay.

@Jasonmufc I love Luca. Before the Jazz went on their winning streak last year, I was hoping we could some how end up with him. I thought he kinda disappeared during the game against the Jazz on Sunday, but was impressed with his shooting. Like you said, I think once him and his teammates gel, his passing will be there. Also was impressed with Jordan. Seems like a totally different player compared to his Clipper days. 

8 hours ago, Pooker said:

Klay has also said that he wants to get paid. Not sure what the Warriors cap situation is like, but they will have to choose between them. And I can easily see the Warriors trying to keep Durant and losing Klay.

Their cap situation is "well over it and paying the luxury tax, but about to move into a new arena and get all that sweet new arena money" so they can spend largely what they want. But that said they can afford one, but not both of Durant and Klay.

I'd be shocked if Klay leaves the Warriors. He's a phenomenal player but he clearly enjoys being the third choice. I've never seen Klay really aspire being his own star and the guy that a team is built around.

Durant though, now that he has a few rings I can totally see him leaving for a new team to try his hand at being the big star and try to win without being on the Oakland god team.

Derrick Rose went off for a career high 50 points tonight. Not even mad it was against the Jazz. And he only had to make four three pointers to do it. Let's see Curry or Klay do that! Still, it's pretty awesome to see him nearly back to his self before the injuries happened.

On 01/11/2018 at 05:17, Pooker said:

Derrick Rose went off for a career high 50 points tonight. Not even mad it was against the Jazz. And he only had to make four three pointers to do it. Let's see Curry or Klay do that! Still, it's pretty awesome to see him nearly back to his self before the injuries happened.

Just watched that game, and damn he was good. Will it be a sign of things to come? or was it just a one night thing? Anyway he deserved the moment!