NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Yeah RJ Barrett was the top high school prospect. No one anticipated Zion being as good as he was. Barrett is a great consolation prize assuming Memphis doesn't take him. I really like Morant too. Knicks are fine in the top 3, it's a lot like 2003 where the consolation prizes in that lottery wound up being really good themselves (sans Darko).

^ What he said.

If the Pelicans draft Zion and could somehow convince Davis to stay, they'd probably be contenders in a couple of years. Depending on who they acquired. But I just don't see Davis staying. Hopefully, he ends up a Laker. But as long as Davis isn't a Clipper or Warrior, I'm fine wherever he ends up. If he goes to the Knicks, it's all about the money. Not winning.

Edited by GhostMachine

32 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

^ What he said.

If the Pelicans draft Zion and could somehow convince Davis to stay, they'd probably be contenders in a couple of years. Depending on who they acquired. But I just don't see Davis staying. Hopefully, he ends up a Laker. But as long as Davis isn't a Clipper or Warrior, I'm fine wherever he ends up. If he goes to the Knicks, it's all about the money. Not winning.

So you "hope" he goes to LA, but New York it's all about the money despite the NBA having a max salary? 

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

So you "hope" he goes to LA, but New York it's all about the money despite the NBA having a max salary? 

The Lakers will be contenders in a couple of years, barring a catastrophe. The Knicks probably won't be contenders until James Dolan is no longer their owner.

What, when LeBron is 38?

LA can be a contender instantly if they put together a half decent offseason. New York has a solid foundation atm and if they spend wisely (or don't spend at all if superstars aren't coming) then I could see them having more sustained success in the future than LA until LeBron moves on. He's going to hold them hostage for whatever he wants as long as he's there. 

Meanwhile I'll just sit back and wait until KD signs with Brooklyn... I might be waiting awhile. 

Defending the 3 point line against the rest of the NBA is one thing. Defending it against Curry, Klay, and Durant, in the Finals, with the whole world watching,is another. 

Milwaukee can definitely stretch the series, and Durant's health is a huge question mark since I don't know exactly what they do about Giannis without him. But you can't defend the Warriors from three since their range is so good. If you defend them from the range where they have a 1/3 chance of making a shot you are opening up way too much of the court. Kerr can make the game-to-game adjustments to contain Giannis, assuming Durant plays. Otherwise we could get an upset, but I doubt it. Curry and Klay will have to recreate the 2016 Finals for that to happen.