NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

I have zero faith in Fizdale or this front office. They've already announced that they won't discuss contract extension with Porzingis until after the season. They'll likely botch it, piss him off, and lose him if they keep messing around. This franchise is infuriating and I'm not even a smidge bit excited to watch them. 

5 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I am around a pretty biased fan base but will the Bulls be worth paying attention to this year? I know they are young and wont win a lot but give me something to work with here so I can get excited before the playoffs start :P 

Honestly I don't really see it, but with how the east tends to shape up they might be in with a chance to get into the playoffs but I don't rate their chances particularly highly.

They got three decent core players in Lauri, Jabari, and LaVine. But other than the rookie Carter and RoLo they're painfully lacking in big men that push the needle.

Rolo is also allegedly on his last legs and might struggle this season with injuries that will limit his gametime. Omer Asik is on the roster for cap reasons and sadly will probably never return to basketball with his arthritis.

Beyond bigs they're also strapped for backup players that can leave a mark, so I honestly am afraid it will be a very rough season for the Bulls and them hoping a few youngsters break out.

I doubt the Bulls are anywhere near the playoff picture, tbh, even in the East. They have some young players but one of their main talented young players is Zach LaVine and I have almost as much faith in him as I did in young Carmelo Anthony.

I don't see them finishing ahead of anyone other than Knicks and Hawks at best. Nets and Magic have a good shot at actual improvement this season (although I'll admit I felt the same about the Magic previously and they disappointed). Cavs are obviously going to do a lot worse but I don't think they'll drop below .400.

However, I'm intrigued to see how Jabari Parker does there this year. I really hope they're able to get him back to what he's shown before. He's always going to be injury prone, but he's still young and talented.

18 hours ago, Meacon said:

I have zero faith in Fizdale or this front office. They've already announced that they won't discuss contract extension with Porzingis until after the season. They'll likely botch it, piss him off, and lose him if they keep messing around. This franchise is infuriating and I'm not even a smidge bit excited to watch them. 

There are two scenarios. They somehow get a Durant super team next summer or they lose an already annoyed Porzingis. There isn't really anything else that can happen imo.

The Jazz announced today that they have fired the guy who has played our mascot for the last 24 years. With all he's done for the Jazz, the fans, the community, and to his body, it's a shock. I know its not news that anybody here probably cares about or that it has nothing really to do with the actually game of basketball, but the Bear has always been a highlight to watch at Jazz games.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

They fired him? He must've done something wrong.

A disagreement with management is what they're calling it. Had to be something major to be fired after 24 years.