NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

18 hours ago, DMN said:

The Lakers reportedly offered the young core, Lance, Rondo, and two firsts and the Pelicans turned it down because they think they can get Jayson Tatum from Boston in June.

K.

AD has said he'd be willing to sign long-term contracts with the Lakers, Clippers (fuck that!), Bucks or Knicks (why?!). So why would the Celtics be willing to give up Tatum for someone they might only have for a season?

I don't see him going to the Bucks or Knicks, because neither team really has anything to trade.

And if the rumors I've heard that the Pelicans want FOUR first round picks for him are true....lol. 

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

AD has said he'd be willing to sign long-term contracts with the Lakers, Clippers (fuck that!), Bucks or Knicks (why?!). So why would the Celtics be willing to give up Tatum for someone they might only have for a season?

I don't see him going to the Bucks or Knicks, because neither team really has anything to trade.

And if the rumors I've heard that the Pelicans want FOUR first round picks for him are true....lol. 

They just don't want to trade with the Lakers. I don't know how Boston is any better (well, except they have one title in the last like, 30 years and the Lakers have 7.), tho.

6 hours ago, livid said:

That contract just keeps getting worse and worse. 

He's not coming back from an Achilles' the same player he was before. And his strength was speed, something he's now going to lose a lot of. HE IS OWED 47 MILLION FOUR SEASONS FROM NOW! FUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!

He also ruptured it by slipping and falling in his house, so that's great.

Tobias Harris is doing so well for the Clippers that they've decided to trade him to the 76ers, along with Boban and some guy named Mike Scott for 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks, Mike Muscala, Landry Shamet and Wilson Chandler who is apparently still a thing, I guess.

Great pick up for the 76ers, but they're going to screw themselves when they try to keep Harris and Butler this summer and Simmons in a few years. They're either going to lose somebody or not be able to sign a bench at all.

Harris was expected to be one of the players the Jazz made a run at this summer, assuming we don't make a trade and keep our cap space. 

@DMN Apparently we trading Reggie Bullock to you guys for Sviatso....whatever the fuck. Sounds like we're about to blow things up if we don't want to pay Bullock. He's a solid wing from I know, pretty good shooter. 

and Bucks fans, we're trading Stanley Johnson for Thon Maker. Stanley is a very good defender and REALLY inconsistent on offense. You may get ten games in a row where he averages 4 points, and then he'll suddenly score 15-22 for another few games. He's fucking frustrating, but still young. 

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Boban always plays well for me in 2k, and he's just this massive, physically weird dude that's kinda cool to watch, so I hope he does well.

Boban is an absolute monster in 2k, where you're not beholden to the fact his knees implode if he plays more than 15 minutes a game.

Same with guys like Salah Mejri, because in 2k if you can get a 7ft2 70 ovr big boi, they're just as good or better than a sub 7ft 80+ ovr big.

15 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

and Bucks fans, we're trading Stanley Johnson for Thon Maker. Stanley is a very good defender and REALLY inconsistent on offense. You may get ten games in a row where he averages 4 points, and then he'll suddenly score 15-22 for another few games. He's fucking frustrating, but still young. 

Ditto for Thon tbh. Though there are questions about how young he actually is. 

4 minutes ago, livid said:

Ditto for Thon tbh. Though there are questions about how young he actually is. 

Heh, we had the same issue with Ezekiel Ansah and the Lions. 

ESPN says he's 21, so if he's older it couldn't be like...30 could it? 

Interesting that we made a move for a center when we have ZaZa as our back up, seems like an indication that we might be moving Drummond, or ZaZa is getting tossed in to make salaries match somewhere. 

I hope we keep selling, this team is such a mediocre dumpster fire. 

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

@DMN Apparently we trading Reggie Bullock to you guys for Sviatso....whatever the fuck. Sounds like we're about to blow things up if we don't want to pay Bullock. He's a solid wing from I know, pretty good shooter. 

Svi is a fan favorite, but mostly player G League games. Might turn into something. We really needed shooting, though.

55 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Boban is an absolute monster in 2k, where you're not beholden to the fact his knees implode if he plays more than 15 minutes a game.

Same with guys like Salah Mejri, because in 2k if you can get a 7ft2 70 ovr big boi, they're just as good or better than a sub 7ft 80+ ovr big.

I did an expansion draft as Seattle and my C rotation is Tyson Chandler/Boban/Andrew Bogut, lol.