NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

14 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Warriors want Tyreke Evans, I hope he doesn't go there.

Seems like every player is going to the Warriors or the Lakers.

Can I just say that most Jazz fans drive me nuts? We never stood a chance at signing any big name free agent without completely gutting our team but our fans just want to complain because we we've had a quiet off season so far. Drives me insane.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Seems like every player is going to the Warriors

Gotta chase those rings, yo. Players rather win a ring riding the pine in Golden State/SF than build a career somewhere or earn money.

I mean, players are less greedy nowadays, or at least more willing to take pay cuts to help the team, but it's becoming this weird toxic league where every player that isn't a #1 tier guy is looking to sign with the top 4 teams before anything, even if that means hurting their own careers.

Glory seeking has become the norm. And part of me is happy that Dirk Nowitzki got his ring in Dallas and is content trying to help the Mavs get back into playoff contention with home-town-deals rather than take vet min's with the Warriors or wherever LeBron is playing at any given time. Because Dirk could easily make such a deal happen and there's not a team that would say no to him, even at his advanced age and limited physical skillset.

21 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Seems like every player is going to the Warriors or the Lakers.

Can I just say that most Jazz fans drive me nuts? We never stood a chance at signing any big name free agent without completely gutting our team but our fans just want to complain because we we've had a quiet off season so far. Drives me insane.

Oh I hear that. Every Knicks fan still thinks that we're the premier destination and can't fathom why someone like Paul George and LeBron wouldn't want to come to the Garden.

It puts me to mind of that cartoon dog sitting in his house while it's on fire and he says "Everything's fine". This franchise is being run by imbeciles. And our fanbase still think it's 1994. I wouldn't even want to play on the Knicks right now if they offered me a contract. 

34 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm no Boston fan, but geez, you guys went to Game 7 of the Eastern Finals without two of your best players. If they come back healthy and LeBron may go to the West? That's almost too smooth sailing for the Celtics. 

I'm a Celtics fan tried and true and really want banner 18. But I don't want a dead east with everyone in the west so we can get an easy road to the warriors. LeBron in Phillie is my personal hope just because it sounds ridiculously fun, albeit a little terrifying. But then again I've been pulling for Durant to go to the Wizards every year since he took the Golden State deal. 

23 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

Oh I hear that. Every Knicks fan still thinks that we're the premier destination and can't fathom why someone like Paul George and LeBron wouldn't want to come to the Garden.

It puts me to mind of that cartoon dog sitting in his house while it's on fire and he says "Everything's fine". This franchise is being run by imbeciles. And our fanbase still think it's 1994. I wouldn't even want to play on the Knicks right now if they offered me a contract. 

It's sad too, because New York should be a top spot for players to want to play. It's too bad the NBA can't/won't step in and do something about Dolan.

It's frustrating because, yea, Paul George would fit in well in Utah and who wouldn't want Lebron on their team? Or Chris Paul or any other big name player? But they're not going to sign with Utah, just like nobody wants to play for New York now. Probably for different reasons, but we gotta enjoy the good players we can get.

22 hours ago, Pooker said:

LeBron has landed in LA...where he owns two homes and spends his offseasons anyway...but ESPN would lead you to believe that he's gonna sign with the Lakers tomorrow.

It just so happens...he did. 4-year deal. LaLaBron is a Laker. 

I assumed it was a done deal as soon as his son committed to playing high school ball in LA. 

Lakers can lowball on offers for Kawhi and probably still be fine. Good young core, LeBron fucking James, and they can sign Boogie to a team friendly/player friendly 4-year deal with an opt-out after 2.

Amazing how one player instantly transforms a franchise into one of the top 3 or 4 in the entire NBA. Warriors and Rockers are gonna be tough outs in the playoffs. Meanwhile Celtics probably have 2 years of runs through the Eastern Conference before Philly hits their prime.

Is the Lakers core really that much better then Clevelands was? Sure, they're younger with more potential, but can Lebron bring out that potential? If they sign Boogie, isn't that basically the same as Love? If they can somehow get both Leonard and Boogie, that's a top team in the NBA. But Lebron with the current crop of Lakers? Top 5 in the west, at best.

2 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Is the Lakers core really that much better then Clevelands was? Sure, they're younger with more potential, but can Lebron bring out that potential? If they sign Boogie, isn't that basically the same as Love? If they can somehow get both Leonard and Boogie, that's a top team in the NBA. But Lebron with the current crop of Lakers? Top 5 in the west, at best.

It's probably slightly better than what he had in Cleveland. Lakers were weak defensively but they can score a lot. LeBron immediately makes them much better defensively and he takes a lot of elite defenders off Ingram or Kuzma to help them on the offensive end. There's a lot more flexibility to the Lakers roster than what he had in Cleveland.

The thing with Kawhi is everyone has to be timid giving up too much for him since he's a free agent of this year and they can just get him for free. And since he's already said he wants to be a Laker it's kinda like why try?

5 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The thing with Kawhi is everyone has to be timid giving up too much for him since he's a free agent of this year and they can just get him for free. And since he's already said he wants to be a Laker it's kinda like why try?

I was talking with a friend about this earlier. I think the Spurs should just force his hand this year. They won't get equal value for him. Is he really gonna sit out another year of his prime? My friend thinks the Spurs should just trade him for whatever they can get at this point, but in this case, I dont think anything the Spurs could get, they would want.

Last night I was reading about Durant signing a 2 year deal with the Warriors, and 95% of the comments were Warriors fans kissing Durant's ass and talking about how they're a lock to keep dominating and win the next two Finals. 

I guarantee you the majority of those same people are now thinking about how fucked they may be, with Lebron and Stephenson going to the Lakers. I'm not exactly saying the Lakers will keep Golden State from the finals, but it sure isn't going to be a cake walk for them now.

New Celtics Mission Statement: Stay healthy and casually stroll to the NBA Finals. 

Put me in the boat of waiting to see more. As it is, I don't see Lebron and LA being any better than Lebron and Cleveland. Kuzma and Ingram are damn fine stars, but they need another couple of performers who are instant threats alongside Lebron. George would have filled that role, as will Kawai or Boogie if they show up. Otherwise I still think he would have been better off in Phillie. 

The west is gonna be an absolute dog fight this year. Gonna be interesting to see what middle of the road teams do. Especially Memphis. They have to be thinking of moving Gasol soon to get some kind of rebuild going. 

It's not a cakewalk yet, they just need to hope that Giannis somehow ends up on the Lakers or something. But yeah, it's crazy how ridiculous the league has become. LeBron signs with the Lakers and suddenly everyone is jumping on the Lakers' bone to get a contract signed themselves. Where in the past few years everyone avoided Lakerland like the dumpsterfire it was.

It's hilarious, if not a very sad state of affairs as far as the NBA goes. It's gonna be interesting how the league will handle itself when LeBron is LeHangs up his sneakers. Although with his insane athletical gifts and desire to play together with his son, that might take another decade.

But just the godteam of Lebron, Lonzo, and Lance (and Javale) isn't going to cut it, yet. Kawhi seems to be the chosen player to sign on, but the Spurs have kept themselves low to the ground and they might make a different move altogether if a better offer comes in.

Edited by Jasonmufc