NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

I am being somewhat over dramatic for effect but he was one of the people calling out Kawhi about his injury, supposedly part of the reason why Kawhi's relationship with the Spurs has frayed and then he just leaves in FA anyways.

But there's some personal shit with his marriage to Eva Longoria from a few years ago that also implies he's not a super great person or even a very good teammate. 

Edited by livid

On 7 July 2018 at 20:25, livid said:

I am being somewhat over dramatic for effect but he was one of the people calling out Kawhi about his injury, supposedly part of the reason why Kawhi's relationship with the Spurs has frayed and then he just leaves in FA anyways.

He left in free agency after not being an integral part of the team anymore. That is completely different from what Kawhi is doing, not to mention the entire team had to carry the burden while Kawhi was being a bit of a pussy hiding from Spurs management and not wanting to come and play because he wanted to go back to LA. Everyone called him out, and rightfully so, when his injury has been over and done with for months already. 

On 7 July 2018 at 12:54, Pooker said:

If Manu and Kawhi both end up leaving along with Parker, we're gonna find out how great of a coach Pops really is.

You mean other than last season, when his best players was an old man Aldridge and an old man Manu and still managed to dog their way into the playoffs?

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

He left in free agency after not being an integral part of the team anymore. That is completely different from what Kawhi is doing, not to mention the entire team had to carry the burden while Kawhi was being a bit of a pussy hiding from Spurs management and not wanting to come and play because he wanted to go back to LA. Everyone called him out, and rightfully so, when his injury has been over and done with for months already. 

You mean other than last season, when his best players was an old man Aldridge and an old man Manu and still managed to dog their way into the playoffs?

True. Don't get me wrong, I think Pops is one of the greatest coaches ever. Up there with Red and Sloan, in my eyes. Last year was a great example of what he can do. Hopefully the next few years will be just as good and he can end his career on a high note.

Next to the Jazz, the Spurs have been my favorite team in the NBA.

Pretty much sums up how i feel about the NBA at current. And this was a last season preview

Sounds like just garbage. The Hawks sent the Nets a D-league player that was drafted like three years ago, while the Hawks get Lin, a 2025 2nd round pick, and the right to swap picks with the Nets in 2023. No idea if that is a first round swap (which would be nuts if you're the Nets) or second round.

The Bulls and Jabari Parker have agreed to a 2 year $40M deal. Bucks had removed their qualifying offer prior to negotiations, making him an UFA so they will not have an opportunity to match.

15 hours ago, Meacxico said:

Sounds like just garbage. The Hawks sent the Nets a D-league player that was drafted like three years ago, while the Hawks get Lin, a 2025 2nd round pick, and the right to swap picks with the Nets in 2023. No idea if that is a first round swap (which would be nuts if you're the Nets) or second round.

Seems to me the Nets are dumping cap and taking on upcoming UFA's so that they have all the space next year to do the same thing as they will do the year after that. Sucks for J-Lin though that he's once more shipped off to another team, but I can see why the Nets decide to get rid of him after he only played one game last season before getting hurt, and that it's not certain if he'll come back completely healthy and ready for a full season.

Meanwhile the Hawks are in deadsville themselves, but with Dennis Schröder possibly getting deported due to his felony battery charge coming up, it might make him the go to Point Guard either off the bench or a Shooting Guard flanking Trae Young if they put Bazemore at the 3

I don't think Parker is a bust. I was hoping the Jazz would take a shot at him, but not at that price. He's not much of a defender, but can score pretty good.

Reading more about the Parker deal, it's great for the Bulls. Second year is a team option, so if he isn't that good this year or gets hurt again, bam, they dont pick up his option and can throw that money at somebody else next summer.

Edited by Pooker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Wasn't Jabari Parker a bust? :( Or is it too soon to say that?

If he can stay healthy he can be a good scorer in the league. Just not good on defense and with the ACL tears probably will never be able to be a decent defender.

Edited by livid