NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

I get that the Raptors want to force something to get through to the finals in the east (even though next season is arguably their best year to get into the finals anyways), but trading away your franchise shooting guard for a guy that nobody has seen in months, hasn't played a game since January, and who has made it clear he's not interested in resigning with any other team than the Lakers... That's just, idiotic and downright disrespectful to not just Demar DeRozan, but the entire Raptors fanbase.

If there's been one player that has exemplified being a Raptor, it's Demar, he's been loyal to the team and he's been performing to an elite level. He's snubbed the Lakers in the past to make it clear he was completely loyal to the Raptors, something that hasn't been seen in Toronto ever, a city that's still plagued by the memory of Vince Carter literally tanking his own value to get away from the team.

Now they're prepared to throw their main guy away for a guy that will go the way of Vince Carter in a year? Unless the Raptors get more out of this than Kawhi, this is a huge loss for the team as a whole, not just on the court.

I wonder how DeRozan will perform under Pop! And maybe Toronto are betting on the same thing Presti did with PG.

DeMar is pissed off, at least that's what is being reported. They also say that the Raptors told him he wouldn't be drafted during the Summer League.

I have no idea what Ujiri is thinking. Maybe he really, really wants Danny Green?

Who the hell would give up DeRozan? You just gave away your franchise player and just about the best 2 guard in the game right now for like the 4th best forward, who hasn't played in a year, and is a year away from joining LABron? Weird.

4 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

I have no idea what Ujiri is thinking. Maybe he really, really wants Danny Green?

Who the hell would give up DeRozan? You just gave away your franchise player and just about the best 2 guard in the game right now for like the 4th best forward, who hasn't played in a year, and is a year away from joining LABron? Weird.

Are you happy with this trade?

The Raptors about reached their ceiling with the group they had so I can see why they might think taking the gamble is worth it. Though with how wide open the East is, maybe they could have played it out this season but then you risk becoming the Grizzlies. Complacency usually ends up killing teams with veterans on large deals. 

36 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Are you happy with this trade?

Meh, I guess? I mean, we're better off now than we were all of last season, but in a couple of years when everything falls apart with Pop leaving, Aldridge not even a smidgen of this calibre that we are overpaying for and Ginobili finally crumbling to dust, what are we left with? Dejounte Murray? 

Unless that pick is another score somehow 7 years after our last good one, or Poeltl (is that how you spell it?) somehow continues on an even higher upward trend that no one is predicting, kind of feels like we're doomed in a couple of years. At least we have some nice guys who are All Stars, I suppose 😕 

2 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Reports are coming out saying that Leonard doesnt want to play in Toronto. If he fails to report, I believe the deal might not go through.

So if that happens, the Raptors are arguably in even bigger shit because then they'll have to deal with the fact they've alienated their best player and got nothing in return. 

Edited by Jasonmufc

43 minutes ago, Toe said:

Maybe Ujiri is willing to accept a package from the Lakers for Kawhi that the Spurs were less interested in? 

What package from the Lakers would be better then Demar?

The fact that he even wanted out of SA is a joke. You want to leave one of the most respected franchises, with the best coach in the league, where you've had success, and Pop has proven that he can win with any roster? Fuck that. He deserves to play in LA as a second fiddle to Lebron and get bounced from the playoffs every year.

The weird part is how surprising he did it, because I'm sure if he had just used his balls and played his heart out last season, still with the intent to go to LA, we'd probably be a lot annoyed at the way he wants to go now. 

Hell, he'd only be 28 next season! That's perfect, going into his prime athletic peak! Fucking go to your hometown then and win a bunch of championships with Lavar and Kuz and whoever, you weirdo! What's the rush right now, after 6 years in Texas? That injury by Zaza really scarred you so much you think you won't play another 5-6 years at your peak?