NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

18 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Did the Jazz just beat the best team in the NBA?

Yes. Yes we did.

The Bucks aren't the best team in the NBA as long as Golden State is still on top.  The East only has five teams, so it's easy to tack on wins when you play a ton of also-rans.

• Like 2

At the moment, they are one of the best teams in the league. First team to clinch a playoff spot, probably will be the first team to win 50 games, were on a seven game winning streak.

And the Jazz beat them! Ha!

Hey, let me take my victories when I can. As much as I would love a Jazz/Bucks Finals, it's just not going to happen.

16 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

The Bucks aren't the best team in the NBA as long as Golden State is still on top.  The East only has five teams, so it's easy to tack on wins when you play a ton of also-rans.

That's not all they're doing. They have the best record against teams with a winning record. 

Last night's game was always going to be tough just based on circumstance (middle of a west coast road trip, second night of a back to back) but they were also down their entire backcourt, starters and backups so that didn't help. Still was a close, good game though!

6 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Shocked Luke Walton has made it this long after that embarrassment against the Suns last night.

It's not really Luke's fault. This team doesn't work, and, while, yeah, his rotations are ass, he had the team playing defense and shit last year, so I'm not sure it's all on him.

Sounds like the Lakers are just waiting for the end of the season to make a change.

I'm sure they will bring in somebody next year who is more Lebron-friendly. Or LaVar Ball.

It isn't all on Walton, but I'll be surprised if he isn't fired by the end of the season. 

Snoop has given up on the team after these two horrible losses, and is calling for a lot of players to go, not just the head coach. I don't agree they need to get rid of a lot players, but Lonzo needs to step it up and play more aggressively, or they should trade him. Problem is they might not get what he's worth, because whoever took him would also have to put up with LaVar.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

Sounds like the Lakers are just waiting for the end of the season to make a change.

I'm sure they will bring in somebody next year who is more Lebron-friendly. Or LaVar Ball.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

It isn't all on Walton, but I'll be surprised if he isn't fired by the end of the season. 

Snoop has given up on the team after these two horrible losses, and is calling for a lot of players to go, not just the head coach. I don't agree they need to get rid of a lot players, but Lonzo needs to step it up and play more aggressively, or they should trade him. Problem is they might not get what he's worth, because whoever took him would also have to put up with LaVar.

Luke got a raw deal, and there's no Pat Riley in the front office to stand up for him like happened for Spoelstra in Miami. I don't hate the team they put together, but it was either going to be the NBA equivalent of The Expendables or blow up, and it blew up. No shooters, killed the confidence of the young guys, the injury to Lebron didn't help. Just a comedy of errors and bad luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DMN said:

Luke got a raw deal, and there's no Pat Riley in the front office to stand up for him like happened for Spoelstra in Miami. I don't hate the team they put together, but it was either going to be the NBA equivalent of The Expendables or blow up, and it blew up. No shooters, killed the confidence of the young guys, the injury to Lebron didn't help. Just a comedy of errors and bad luck.

Their free agent signings were bad when they happened. Just basically all guys who can't shoot. I agree the double whammy of LeBron's injury and then the trade talk for Davis did a lot to stunt the young players and hurt their confidence. No idea what's gonna happen, but they'll definitely blow a lot up and put what they can around LeBron. But even then Davis is still going to likely be a whole year away from coming to LA.

19 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Congrats to the Phoenix Suns. The only team to win 2 games against the Bucks this year.

And the first time they've had a "losing streak" all season.

Hope we don't see them in the Finals! :lol:

Edited by livid

On 04/03/2019 at 22:53, DMN said:

True, but it usually the coach who is the fall guy when a team has problems, even if it isn't his fault. In any team sport, not just basketball. Even though its more often than not the general manager's fault in sports where the coach/manager has little to no say over the roster.

• Like 1