NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Petition to stop ESPN from talking about the Los Angeles Lakers until they find someone besides Ramona Shelbourne who understands how the team and city work.

Defending Magic when he clearly wasn't invested in the team, all the bullshit out Lebron, now it's 'does Kobe have too much power?'. They have no sources outside of Momo and it shows.

Not living in LA nor following the Lakers, does Kobe associate with the franchise all that much? Seems like every time I read his name in the media, he's doing his own thing. 

5 hours ago, DMN said:

Petition to stop ESPN from talking about the Los Angeles Lakers until they find someone besides Ramona Shelbourne who understands how the team and city work.

Defending Magic when he clearly wasn't invested in the team, all the bullshit out Lebron, now it's 'does Kobe have too much power?'. They have no sources outside of Momo and it shows.

The more I’ve focused on sticking to specific team news reports and writers, the more evident how much trash ESPN spews. I don’t think they’ve been worth a shit in a decade. They’re a step above TMZ Sports for bullshit gossipy mess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

The more I’ve focused on sticking to specific team news reports and writers, the more evident how much trash ESPN spews. I don’t think they’ve been worth a shit in a decade. They’re a step above TMZ Sports for bullshit gossipy mess.

Yeah the problem with a national news organization is they have to constantly be ahead of everyone in breaking stories, but that's *all they do*. There's no substance to it, just "According to x, y is thinking of doing z" and then they run an hour with coverage and analysis while it's still hot.

Local reports and beat writers (until The Athletic monopolizes that market) is definitely the way to go. They have the sources and it shows.

Luke Walton has been sued for sexual assault. 

The Suns have fired their head coach Igor Kokoskov. He was great as an assistant for the Jazz last year, really felt like our drop off at the start of the year was partially due to him not being around. Wouldn't mind the Jazz giving him another shot.

Bucks-Celtics is going to be a great series if both teams play up to their potential. As a Bucks fan I'm slightly worried about the Celtics all of a sudden remembering how talented they are but I think it will be a grind either way. 

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

That was so cold blooded. Love it. Hate seeing Kanter happy, but watching the Thunder lose is amazing.

I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I'm just laughing at how much it reminds me of the guy I knew who just fucking hated Eric Snow for no real reason.