NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

20 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

Clearly Pooker hasn't been to D.C....

Once, like 20 years ago, for a day. Drove through part of it getting to Arlington a few years ago. Good place to visit, would never live there.

Warriors are just insane now. Will be fun seeing if anybody can beat them.

2 minutes ago, Alex. said:

Have fun with the upcoming seasons guys. I'm done tuning in.

How come?

Also, and this could be total BS, but the guys on Philly sports talk this morning were saying that they've heard Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are both considering opting out after next season to team up with Porzingis in New York. I'm shockingly ok with that superteam. :shifty: 

You have to be kidding me.

EDIT: I was hearing rumors of Dwight joining them and was like ok whatever. Not at all did I expect the best center in the league (IMO) to join them. FIVE all stars in the starting lineup!

Edited by Tyrone

44 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

How come?

Also, and this could be total BS, but the guys on Philly sports talk this morning were saying that they've heard Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are both considering opting out after next season to team up with Porzingis in New York. I'm shockingly ok with that superteam. :shifty: 

Because this isn't even fun to watch anymore. Just my personal view. 😕 

Just now, Alex. said:

Because this isn't even fun to watch anymore. Just my personal view. 😕 

I asked that, having not seen MCD post the news about Cousins. I can't fault anyone for giving up after that. I may not watch anything outside of the Knicks, and I may even give that up by Thanksgiving. <_< 

Last team with 5 all-stars from the previous season were the 75-76 Celtics. Who had a notoriously weak bench for the league at the time. This is just ridiculous. I'll watch the Boston games because damn I love the team we've assembled, but this is so disheartening. 

It's just so boring. 

1 hour ago, En Dub said:

Last team with 5 all-stars from the previous season were the 75-76 Celtics. Who had a notoriously weak bench for the league at the time. This is just ridiculous. I'll watch the Boston games because damn I love the team we've assembled, but this is so disheartening. 

It's just so boring. 

Same pretty much. I'll watch the Jazz games, keep track of how the rest of the league is doing, wait for Lebron to implode cause he isn't winning, see if Cousins even fits with the Warriors, and call it good if the Jazz get eliminated from the playoffs.

But, I always have that hope that a team that nobody expects will seek in and win it all.

Edited by Pooker

6 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't care anymore honestly. I just need to decide which super team I want to cheer for

I’m pretty sure as of this hour there’s only one super team.

• Like 2

I did read some chatter that teams were wary of Cousins' achilles injury combined with his penchant for techs and suspensions recently, which might explain why nobody offered him a huge deal.

But yeah, Auerbach's reign in Boston is the closest thing we have to what's going on with Golden State right now. Red always made moves, a lot of the guys he had on various Celtics rosters were acquired through shrewd trades or signings. He always had multiple All-Stars, and were it not for Len Bias and Reggie Lewis both suddenly dying he'd probably have kept the Celtics on the top of the league throughout the 90's. Basketball's the only sport where you can really do this as a team architect, since one player can affect your fortunes so noticeably. It's why as a sport it almost never has had a lot of parity at the top. What GSW is not doing, that Auerbach loved to do is make brilliant trades for high draft picks. So once their players age and/or they lose some in free agency they won't have the personnel to replace them with.