UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile Chelsea will be crossing their fingers that their tie is an island of normality in a sea of semi final madness.

Perhaps the fact that neither team has a solid lead from the first leg to throw away will go in their favour. :shifty:

This is possibly the most direct/vertical passing I can remember Chelsea playing this season (aside from late-game desperation). Interesting.

Oh, and RLC scores. :D His 10th of the season.

On the back foot now, and the way we're playing I dread to think if we concede again and suddenly have to produce two more goals. :( 

Can't possibly bring on Cahill. He's got almost zero match fitness, you see.

Zappacosta, on the other hand...

Uh...

:facepalm:

That equaliser was lovely. Poor defending but a great one-two and finish.

That's the second really high challenge from a Chelsea player in the last ten minutes or so. Bit fortunate both times.

Edited by Colly

Aubameyang was phenomenal. 7-3 is a fantastic scoreline as well, only club to win both their semi finals!

• Like 1

Eh... European finalists or not, I can't really ignore the fact that the 3rd-6th teams in the league have been breaking new ground in shitting the bed lately.

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Four Premier League teams in the four European final spots and the likely league champions aren't even one of them.

Surely there has never been a stronger league in modern history.

To add to this, Man Utd, the best of the lot, are below all five of them. Madness. 

Someone in charge should put the two finals on the same day at Wembley, before Wimbledon and just after the cricket World Cup and lower taxes on beer and cocaine.

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Just occurred to me that Petr Cech’s last professional game is against the club he won pretty much everything with.

That and Chelsea will probably be fielding Olivier Giroud against us. :crying:

Well, you know. It's a cup final...against Arsenal...

Maybe we'll find a way to get Drogba back in for one game. :shifty: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1