UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Lineker

To be honest, I don't think he would have started but that's not really the issue. 

I'm just glad Lacazatte and/or Aubameyang aren't Armenian. :shifty:

UEFA released a statement saying it was a "personal decision" and that they did offer a security package. Well that's all fine and dandy but the fact a big security package needed to be put together for one player in particular at all is all you need to know. 

Atmosphere in the ground is going to be pathetic as well.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

To be honest, I don't think he would have started but that's not really the issue. 

I'm just glad Lacazatte and/or Aubameyang aren't Armenian. :shifty:

UEFA released a statement saying it was a "personal decision" and that they did offer a security package. Well that's all fine and dandy but the fact a big security package needed to be put together for one player in particular at all is all you need to know. 

Atmosphere in the ground is going to be pathetic as well.

I can imagine UEFA thinking we could put him in one of those zorbs that they use for football parties as a good idea and a potential security package

15 minutes ago, Kaney said:

The whole thing with the finale is disgraceful but theres zero chance they learn anything for next year.

At least next year's is marginally better in Gdansk.

Apparently the 2021 venue is a choice between Seville and Tbilisi......I think we all know where that one is headed. :lol: 

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001326781/arsenal-fans-trying-to-force-hazard-and-kante-out-of-europa-league-final-by-claiming-they-are-armenian-following-decision-not-to-take-mkhitaryan

Arsenal fans trying to force Hazard and Kante out of Europa League final by claiming they are Armenian following decision not to take Mkhitaryan

Arsenal fans spread fake rumour Hazard and Kante are Armenian

Arsenal fans are trying to stop Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante from travelling to Azerbaijan for the Europa League final after claiming that the Chelsea pair are Armenian.

The rumors started after Arsenal announced they would not be taking Henrikh Mkhitaryan to the Azerbaijani capital due to political tensions between his native Armenia and hosts Azerbaijan.

Unai Emery's side will book a place in next season's top-tier European competition if they beat Chelsea in the Europa League final in Baku on May 29.

Having missed out on a top four finish in the Premier League, the match in Azerbaijan is Arsenal's last chance to end their two-season exile from Europe's elite club competition.

And in a bid to try and help their team win the Europa League final, Arsenal supporters have taken to social media to spread fake rumours about Hazard and N’Golo Kante as seen below;

pynsnmlslols2w5ce63a61d9ac5.jpg

• Haha 4

On 19/05/2019 at 11:42, stokeriño said:

It's been reported that both Arsenal and Chelsea have had to give roughly half their 6,000 allocation back, because the logistics of getting to Baku are simply impossible.

Good grief.

Sky are saying Arsenal have sent back 2,300 of their allocated tickets.

A reporter said he got the arse because it was an open training session but he wanted to practise set pieces. Obviously he didn't want people to see.

It's "there was a simple misunderstanding and I was more than happy for him not to go off despite how angry I looked when he refused to come off" again. All the media were there watching it unfold and while I'm well aware the media aren't fully reliable, his breakdowns are creeping into one note sitcom character territory where he steps in a puddle and goes into an over the top rage.

3 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

his breakdowns are creeping into one note sitcom character territory where he steps in a puddle and goes into an over the top rage.

• Like 4

Chelsea line-up:

Kepa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud, Hazard

Arsenal:

Cech, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Torreira, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang

No surprise to see Kante start at all. I think the Arsenal team is as strong as it could be tbh. Ramsey for Ozil and Leno for Cech, but apart from that yeah.

Glad to see Cesc is shutting Martin Keown's shit talking down. I'm sure he feels much more of a connection to the Chelsea side compared to Arsenal, having started the season as part of it after all.

Cech and BT Sport also on point shitting on UEFA for not moving the final to Wembley. Nice.